Best PC For Music Production..

Jenko21 00:47 04 Feb 11

Hey guys & girls.. Im after a bit of advice on what pc to purchase (nothing to expensive) for music production,, My laptop struggles with speed, sound, etc... Just wndering if any of you guys know whats a good pc to use with programs like, cubase, ableton, etc..

Or, if you could just give me some tips on the things like ram, sound, speed, etc..

Cheers.

spuds 11:13 04 Feb 11

I think that the opinions that would make a difference is the budget that you have available.

And would you prefer a desktop or replacement laptop?.

Would the Music Production require a professional or amateur outlook?.

Preference to operating system, and what would your present software require?.

Answer those four questions, and we might get the ball rolling.

john bunyan 12:13 04 Feb 11

I have a Creative X-Fi sound card in my Desktop linked to external speakers. For a laptop a USB sound card, also with external speakers, may be worth a try. An example:
click here

Jenko21 12:18 04 Feb 11

Well, defo a desktop, as im using a laptop @ the mo which is pretty basic... Id need atleast 2GB ram from the research ive been doing, my current laptop has 1GB, which was fine at first, but now i use a whole host of extra instruments.. Which slows everything down...

I have no preference of operating system as i will solely use it for music production, though im using Vista with SP1 at the moment, which to be honest has caused other issues with my laptop, but non music related..

A mac is probably the best, but looking at prices, its way out of my league..

Im looking to spend upto £300 at the most, as what ive looked at so far on ebay is no more than that, and they claim to be suitable for music production/gaming.. Etc..

Basically, i need something thats pretty speedy with a good memory, but im not too knowledgeable when it comes to Pc/laptops.. So im not sure what im looking for.

Cheers.

jakimo 16:58 04 Feb 11

You may find this interesting,seems top quality Audio reproduction don't come cheap

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…