Best for the money?

SG Atlantis® 22:33 23 Apr 06

click here Fuji finepix f10

I think is the best buy for £150.

It's about as much as I want to spend and I already have nice new rechargeable NIMH batteries and several xd cards.

Anyone recommend another?

Stuartli 22:45 23 Apr 06

Currys, Dixons or perhaps PC World has been advertising a Kodak 5MP model with 3x optical zoom in today's newspapers for £89...:-)

Stuartli 22:49 23 Apr 06

There's also a Pentax at £99 (6MP and free delivery) and the Kodak (it is at Currys):

click here

Others on the website:

click here

SG Atlantis® 22:52 23 Apr 06

click here this one? would it be as good as the f10?

Considering the £90 price (which is good) I'd then have to buy memory cards too... which is not good.

I currently use an olympus 3.2 meg camera and was hoping to douoble this. The one in my link is 6.3 (ok not quite double).

SG Atlantis® 22:53 23 Apr 06

crossed posts.

hzhzhz 23:25 23 Apr 06

When I was deciding which camera to buy last year, I narrowed it down to F10 and canon A95. I chose the Canon and its a superb camera. So is the F10. I chose the canon for its flip out screen and the fact that it uses AA batteries. The F10 has no viewfinder and uses a Lithium ion battery but its a really good camera esp at £150.

SG Atlantis® 23:38 23 Apr 06

click here

That camera certainly has the "wow" factor with it's appearance. One more added to make my choice harder.

What about the mp difference, would it be noticeable. ie 5mp and 6.3mp?

thanks lol.

hzhzhz 23:48 23 Apr 06

For some reason I cant connect to amazon. Which camera are you linking to?.

SG Atlantis® 06:23 24 Apr 06

a95 for £169.

It looks impressive.

hzhzhz 08:33 24 Apr 06

I am pleased with mine.The difference between 5mp and 6.3mp will, in my opinion, only be noticible if printing at A4 or above, or if cropping and enlarging greatly. Check out reviews of both at Steves Digicams. I'm upgrading to either a Panasonic FZ7 or Canon S2Is and the mp difference between them (5mp and 6mp) is not a factor in my deciding which to buy.
I was hoping to sell my A95 but my 14 yr old daughter has claimed it. :-)

Monoux 08:41 24 Apr 06

Why not sell camera and throw in daughter for free on E bay -- Save you lots of pennies in the longer term :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…