Best Games Console

George W. 11:54 06 Mar 03

Having recently bought a high spec PC for my still/video interests I have now got all the software/hardware working nicely and want to keep games off the the machine.

I have never owned a games console & would appreciate any opinions on which is the best buy.

I'm not a big gamer, but would like some realistic motor sport action - F1 & bikes.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Pilch.... 18:48 06 Mar 03

AMD V Intl

Nvidia V ATI

Cable v ADSL

Windows V Linux

Liverpool V Manchester Utd - no contest! LIVERPOOL!

Anyhow, each console is different.

I prefer X Box, project gotham racing to name one is good, although gran turismo 3 is good on PS2. I like X-Box more, but best thing is find people who you know to have them, then as to perhaps borrow if you ask nicely and get a feel for them.

There will be many disagree and many agree, but play before you buy! Hire games, borrow console and play for a weekend!

he he :-) 19:37 06 Mar 03

I have an X box and Game cube and even though it can't play DVDS it is smaller and a bit faster at loading and is cheaper than the x box but the x box has higher spec which = realistic games

tran1 20:18 06 Mar 03

I have a Playstation 2, I bought it becuase its the most popular and has the most games available for it. Its can also play playstation 1 games (a good benefit becuase I have PS1 also).

I've tried Xbox and its graphics are far more superior than PS2 and its games range is expanding.

I now only play games on my PC becuase I'm addicted to online First person shooters. Graphics are much better also(of course!).

Becuase you like to play realistic motor sport games etc, I would recommend Xbox as it has the best graphics (which is what you want). I don't think you will be able to play DVD's out the box like you can with PS2. you will have to buy an add-on.

A Pound of Sausages 23:38 06 Mar 03

For Xbox DVD's you buy a remote control which comes with a little sensor which pops into a spare control socket on the console.

The DVD performance of the Xbox is extremely good. Also you can rip your cd's onto an Xbox and change the background music of lots of games.

jediknight007 00:39 07 Mar 03

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH (It depends on what you like. Everyone has their own favourite. I am a loyal Nintendo gamer and currently own a GameCube, which I am proud of. Really impatient about the release of Metroid Prime though!)

Aspman 14:18 07 Mar 03

My mate has bought all 3. I think that's the only way to settle a question like this.

Have a look round at the type of games you like and then see which machine they play on. They're all good really.

mitchamm 14:39 07 Mar 03

Get an X-Box for £25.

click here

SpyMan²°°­­³ 17:06 07 Mar 03

How can you come on a PC forum and ask which is the best console?? The PC is the best games console by far. My graphics card makes the X-BOX and PS2 graphics look like megadrive graphics.

It has cheaper and more games too

jediknight007 19:19 07 Mar 03

I don't think you can classify the PC as a games console.

the gamecube is the best console around because:
it has zelda
it has mario
it has metroid prime
it can be connected using broadband and a modem connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…