Best free firewall

Pepper9 21:36 14 Aug 08

What is the best free firewall please?

SB23 22:01 14 Aug 08

Zonealarm, or Comodo, click here, and click here.

Marko797 22:07 14 Aug 08

Comodo, although I personally find the settings a bit complex, but that's maybe just me. I just leave it on Safe Mode.

Kemistri 22:08 14 Aug 08

Well, that would be Comodo. If you have read any of the more highly respected comparisons, you will see it on top more often than not. Next to that, the stripped out free versions of Jetico and Online Armor are pretty good, though they tend to be beaten by one or two premium products.

Kemistri 22:10 14 Aug 08

"...but that's maybe just me."

Possibly! It's one of the easier firewalls that I have used. Those which were easier were all considerably more basic.

Pepper9 22:20 14 Aug 08

Many thanks - I'll try Comodo

Border View 23:04 14 Aug 08

Yea but what about the free version of this one click here

I have used the paid for version, the costs of which is buttons, and found it outstanding.

Worthy of the free trial version.

Kemistri 23:35 14 Aug 08

Sunbelt's firewall is actually pretty poor in some very thorough tests. It passes the old GRC leak test, which is fairly pointless in practice, but it seems that it's not that hot in other areas. Check out its rating from Matousec for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…