best buy superbudget Microland PC

benloui 18:35 24 Mar 04

told a friend to buy best buy PC from superbudget chart namely Microland Tech AD 103.01, comes with 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930 SB monitor. Great system but monitor has two very obvious fine lines on the screen one about 2" from the top and the other about 2" from the bottom. According to the very unhelpful and slow two answer Microland support that these lines are normal and every monitor of this type has them. Can any one tell me if this is true and if so why are you not told this when you order.

leo49 19:05 24 Mar 04

Of course it's normal - it's the way they're constructed. You'll only notice it on a plain white page.

I guess you weren't told as it's usually regarded as common knowledge.

Tim1964 00:18 25 Mar 04

Leo49,
Are you saying that it's a problem only with Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930 SB monitors? As my 19" CRT (LG electronics cheapy from Makros) is absolutely fine.

leo49 01:04 25 Mar 04

Pardon me but I didn't say it was a problem - merely it's a fact that CRT's using the Sony Triniton-type technology[Mitsibishi have their own similar derivative] have an aperture grill which incorporates these lines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…