Best browsers?

Sparrowhawk 10:14 21 Oct 04

MS Internet Explorer (IE 6 SP1)
click here

Net Captor
click here

Net Captor allows tab-browsing like FireFox, but is quicker, more secure and fully integrated with IE.
Modifying Internet Options, Favourites in one of these 2 browsers instantly keeps up-to-date the other browser.

I found Net Captor to be brilliant. Highly recommend it.

I still use IE for work, updates.
I use Net Captor for tab-browsing.

Sparrowhawk 10:15 21 Oct 04

PS for Net Captor: I did NOT install ROBOT FORM and GOOGLE toolbar.

Dorsai 18:58 21 Oct 04

I got firefox as it was not integrated with IE, which i am not keen on.

And i like the google tool bar in firefox, as it is customizable, so i can add other search engins to it if i wish, and set them as the default if i so choose.

So for Net captor to claim to be "fully integrated with IE" is from my view point a major minus factor...

Sorry but i will stick with Firefox.

Sparrowhawk 19:03 21 Oct 04

Net Captor is superb.
It lets you run several windows, each composed of several tabs of course.
Best of all, you can chose to have these tabs to be the same in each window or different from one another.

It's Me 21:47 21 Oct 04

To answer the question, in my opinion, Opera. Try it.

GaT7 21:37 22 Oct 04

NetCaptor looks a lot like Avant Browser (which is freeware & ad/spyware free) - click here - it is my favourite along with Firefox - click here. Another popular IE-integrated browser is Maxthon (formerly MyIE2) - click here. G

hkvic 22:30 22 Oct 04

Have used Firefox since 0.9.2 am now on PR1.0
So versatile - either lightweight no clutter browser, or add as many extensions you want to fully customise to your own preferences.
Excellent ad blocker and popup killer.
Wouldn't go back to IE now.

Salinger 01:06 23 Oct 04

Internet Explorer (or M$) has decided to act like a "Net Nanny" denying access to sites that it doesn ot approve of!

The Spires 07:32 23 Oct 04

I use Opera as my default browser, love it.

Sparrowhawk 09:02 25 Oct 04

Thanks for these comments.

I have used IE, FireFox, Opera and Net Captor.

My favourite is definitively click here

mbp 10:22 25 Oct 04

When it is claimed that Net Captor is fully integrated with Internet Explorer, is it then just as vulnerable to all the Security threats as IE?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…