The best Broadband ISP

Micromagic 23:24 23 Dec 05

Hi Fellows
I am having difficulty in finding a decent Broadband ISP.
Don't mention AOL or BT to me but, perhaps, anything else.

Can anyone help in a jiffy?

Border View 23:59 23 Dec 05

I use Pipex and find them excellent. Suggest you have a look at click here and see what you think of their advice. Good luck.

Forum Editor 00:06 24 Dec 05

Why on earth not?

BT is my broadband supplier, and has been, ever since broadband was first launched in the UK. I was among the first 10,000 adopters, and I've been with tehm ever since. I have nothing but good to say about the BT service. I can't comment on AOL from personal experience, but I wouldn't hesistate to recommend BT - they provide me with a superb service.

DarthFletcher 01:33 24 Dec 05

BT: OK service - one issue with them when moved house but resolved great!

Telewst: Decent ISP and decent support, cant bill you correctly [in my case billed 2x each month instead of the normal rate - morons!]

AOL: would never in a million years touch with a 10" barge pole - the amount of customer I seen where I work say they have AOL BB and they get ripped of for WIFI support unless they buy NetGear products!

Bulldog: £9 for 8mb BB there are to be some small print, I read somewhere it depends on users online and what they are doing to get full 8mb support

NTL: Owned by Telewest offer both ADSL & Cable systems

My advice is simple, the likes of AOL, TISCALLI, WANNADO and the rest of the ADSL suppliers all have to buy into BT for the use of the telephone line rental - so why not kill middle man and use the BT service? and Cable if your in the area Telewest are doing 10mb BB at the moment for about 50-60quid

iscanut2 11:14 24 Dec 05

I have been with Eclipse from the early days of paid for dial up and now with their Home Broadband. Excellent connections and 1st class help when needed. Good prices too.
goto click here

JYPX 15:27 24 Dec 05

Ntl are rolling out 10meg to all their customers as a "stop-gap" measure while they develop something much faster!
If you read the statements they have issued in the last 6 months you get the clear impression that they intend to make the consumer choice between a cable service, and a service based on the bt network, a "no-brainer".

BJN 15:44 24 Dec 05

take a look at nildram, can't fault them.

you also get 500 anytime free minutes of telephone call per month from your BT line each month,

2mb line free phones calls £25.99 per month, they moving to 8mb lines soon for same price.

marjted 15:52 24 Dec 05

My recommendation would be for Plusnet which is alias Force 9 when they have their other hat on. Exceptional Customer Service assistance when I had some problems. Resulted in BT fitting a new, modern junction box designed for ADSL function so no filters needed. All at no cost to me and a few phone calls initiated by them to ensure that all was well.

Graham ® 15:53 24 Dec 05

The smart money is on PlusNet.

Graham ® 15:53 24 Dec 05

Forgot to mention AOL.

Joe R 16:12 24 Dec 05

Blueyonder if available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…