Best anti spam programme?

john bunyan 17:06 07 Jul 08

I have XP SP3 and MCE. I use AVG 8 Free, Commodo free Firewall and Superantispyware. Also use Outlook Express. At the moment I look at my e mail on the Pipex Server and blacklist spam there - then purge deleted spam on the server. However my blacklist is now about 2000 and it takes quite a time to download the few good e mails. I wish Pipex would consolidade the blacklist and get it off my Pipex mailbox. Is Thunderbird a better idea, or mailwasher? Ideally I would like to have a whitelist of my contacts and bounce all others. Any views?

961 17:44 07 Jul 08

Mailwasher pro works fine for me

Don't bounce, just delete

Mailwasher allows a whitelist, a list to delete after showing arrival without opening, and a list to delete automatically without showing arrival

It has a recycle bin listing all the deleted e-mails which you can look at occasionally if you wish, and from which you can restore deleted mail if a genuine mail slips into the deleted list

john bunyan 21:56 07 Jul 08

Thanks for your view. Will give it a try. Have you seen Thunderbird?

961 10:58 08 Jul 08

Must confess I've had Mailwasher Pro since it was first introduced and have never even considered anything else

john bunyan 12:55 08 Jul 08

961. Thanks - will try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…