best £16 I ever spent

doctor92 14:55 10 Dec 06

was on Acronis True Image. For some reason when I went to switch my PC on this morning, Windows wouldnt load - it just went to a plain black screen. This was somewhat annoying as I have all my business details and accounts on there.

Anyway, after pressing F11 to bring up Acronis rescue, and restoring the partition to the latest backup, it was up and running again within 5 minutes, with no files lost. So to anyone without a backup routine, I can highly recommend Acronis true image.

Forum Editor 16:05 10 Dec 06

It's always heartening to hear a story that has a happy ending.

sean-278262 17:19 10 Dec 06

I have version 7 which came free and legal from a website I have posted about on here several times. Not actually used it yet however.

SB23 20:40 10 Dec 06

I've used the free version, and still do. I restored my pc about a month ago. As you say, in about 5 mins, you have a working pc again.
Acronis does exactly what it says it does, quickly and easily too!

Steve

jarani 21:24 10 Dec 06

can i please, please have a link to the free version - jarani

Dipso 21:55 10 Dec 06

click here wait for the email containing serial number then Register here click here

Input Overload 23:36 10 Dec 06

Most of the posts on this forum including virus/malware would be unnecessary if people used imaging software regulary.

jarani 23:43 10 Dec 06

Dipso - I am a little lost - do I sign up for a free download or a free trial, please ?

If a free download - how do I actually download ?

Dipso 09:21 11 Dec 06

It's definitely a free download not a trial.

Go to the first link to get a valid key code & register.

Once you obtain your code by email, use your registration details to log in to your newly created account at Acronis, the second link.

In 'My Account' click on 'Registered Products', then on Acronis True Image 7.0 (English) to expand it, & finally on the Download installation file (or the Get update) link to download the full program.

HTH

freaky 16:24 11 Dec 06

Regarding Acronis True Image, I bought V8.0 January 2005 then a few months ago upgraded it to Acronis True Image Home V10.0.

The free download version 7.0 is therefore quite old.

True Image is an excellent product, very comprehensive and relatively easy to use, and uses a Windows interface. It is also backward compatible with all versions of Windows.

goffer23 00:03 12 Dec 06

Thanks for the info Dipso - bookmarked.
Freaky - is the upgrade worth it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…