be cautious fo eyeexperts uk

lofty29 12:26 27 Nov 08

Having had poor service from a number of high street opticians my wife and myself decided to give the online people a try, we had good results from a couple, but them my wife needed something a bit special so we gave an order to a company called eye experts.co.uk. the order was placed and paid for last july with a quoted delivery of max 28 days, we finally recieved the glasses mid september, but they were wrong, so sent them back, we are still waiting, keep getting all sorts of promises and excuses. What we have since discovered is that the address they give is only a mail forwarding address, and they can only be contatcted by email, have now asked for a refund but not very hopeful, this is just to warn others of our experience with this organisation, as I have said the other two were first rate, will not name their names as FE may not like it.

JYPX 15:16 27 Nov 08

I had a poor experience with a major high street optician a few years ago. Two pairs of spectacles and the free sunglasses were all made up to the wrong prescription. Now of course the problem here is that for many people, a change in prescription takes a while to get used to, so it is normal to persevere for a couple of weeks, until you finally realise that something is badly wrong. A pharmacist would not survive if he/she supplied me with 3 lots of tablets which did not match a doctor's prescription so why is it ok for a chain of opticians to just shrug their shoulders when confronted with evidence from another optician?
I have now found a stand-alone family run optician who make up spectacles on the premises. The person who makes my spectacles is as familiar to me as the optician who carries out the eye test. I am convinced that there is no other way.

ronalddonald 18:39 27 Nov 08

remember the time i used boots the chemist opticians to have contact lenses, on my third visit after they got the contacts ready the guy rips it open form the packet and drops the contact on the floor and then assists it safe to put it into my eye and i said NO WAY. He even washed the contact under the tap and tried to get me to where the contact i walked out. Now i just stick with glasses cant go to wrong with spectacles.

ronalddonald 18:40 27 Nov 08

it happened at the boots in Harrow shopping centre about four years ago.

tullie 18:48 27 Nov 08

What would you do if you had dropped it?

lofty29 11:53 30 Nov 08

Have finally got the glasses and they are OK, so ticking this resolved, but would not deal with them again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…