BB - DECT, cordless telephone, incompatibility

wee eddie 07:52 19 Jun 05

What I find difficult to understand,

There are 10’s, possibly 100’s, of thousands of households in this country, happily operating Broadband Connections in conjunction with DECT Cordless telephones and answer-phones.

Yet, again and again, we appear to find that if there are problems with the maintenance of a BB connection, the removal of the DECT system from the circuit, solves that problem.

There seems, as yet, to be no identifiable factor that points to the incompatibility, as it is in such a small proportion of BB/DECT set-ups.

If those of us who have had this problem, and solved it, would post the identity of the equipment involved. Phone, type and model number, Router, and also the PC hardware and software involved. We might be a step nearer a solution.What I find difficult to understand,

There are 10’s, possibly 100’s, of thousands of households in this country, happily operating Broadband Connections in conjunction with DECT Cordless telephones and answer-phones.

Yet, again and again, we appear to find that if there are problems with the maintenance of a BB connection, the removal of the DECT system from the circuit, solves that problem.

There seems, as yet, to be no identifiable factor that points to the incompatibility, as it is in such a small proportion of BB/DECT set-ups.

If those of us who have had this problem, and solved it, would post the identity of the equipment involved. Phone, type and model number, Router, and also the PC hardware and software involved. We might be a step nearer a solution.

wee eddie 08:50 19 Jun 05

Please only post your Set-up's where there has been a problem that has been solved by the disconnection of a DECT Telephone/Answer-phone system.

The Spires 09:04 19 Jun 05

I had terrible noise on my DECT line with or without a pc connected, the filters I had were not the cheapest around but purchasing click here solved the issue completely.

From my limited experience lines that are near the max line length and or noise threshold length for ADSL seem to be prone to noise & disconnection issues. The filters from the link above came with a 30 day money back if not completely satisfied guarantee satisfied so I risked nothing in trying them. Others I know who had noise problems have also tried these filters with improved results.

The noisy line problems (with DECT phones in use) occurred after moving house a couple of years ago to an address at about the max noise threshold & distance for ADSL, where I used to live I was a two hundred yards from the exchange & had no problems with DECT phones and cheap filters

roygbiv 18:02 19 Jun 05

3 miles from exchange

BT voyager 105 USB modem (BT Basic BB) +BT filters (2)

Panasonic KX-TCD477 DECT answer machine

Had a lot of Dissconections Last week ( and, alot of posts HERE) Panasonic rang me to tell me they CANNOT guarantee compatibilty with BB with their phones. When DECT phone unplugged BB OK (only Dissconects when it it very hot and sunny??? (heat effecting the wires on poles ???)

€dstowe 22:46 19 Jun 05

When I lived in London I quite happily used a DECT answerphone on a BB equipped line - both working with no problem at all.

Now I've moved to Sussex and have brought the same equipment with me: phone, computer, everything. Will it work? Not a chance. I've had the lines checked by BT, had the engineers out - you name it, I've tried it. The only answer BT will give is that some DECT phones don't work on a BB line. I'm prepared to believe that may be true but, when it's worked in the past with the same apparatus I'm a bit suspicious.

It's not a case of distance from the exchange - I'm closer now than I was in London. Unless, of course, I'm too close.

TomJerry 14:15 21 Jun 05

DECT and WI-FI use the same frequency band, so they can affect each other, fortunately, you can select different channel for diffient equipment to solve this problem, wifi has 11 channels to chose from and DECT usually have a few channel to change

maz2 22:59 21 Jun 05

Has anyone used these
click here, if you click on the questions at the top of the page it says that they are compatible with broadband, I just wondered if anyone had tried them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…