battlefield vietnam

hatchey 20:46 25 Mar 04

just bought battlefield vietnam today.ive got pent4.2.8ghz.512 ddr.ram..128mb geforce5200..well above the min,system needed .and its running like *!@: am well *!@:ed off.sorry for the lang,butit cost me £30.quid.

powerless 20:47 25 Mar 04

If you search the internet you'll find a few horrors on this game.

If you describe "running like RUBBISH" ;-)) It would help...

hatchey 20:51 25 Mar 04

sorry,running worse than rubbish. online and off.so its not my pc then.

citadel 22:31 25 Mar 04

there have been a number of posts recently about poor performance in the new games that are coming out. One common factor is the graphics card, the budget cards fx5200 etc are under pressure with these new games. Your processor is capable of running a much better card. A fx5700 ultra, 9600xt, 9800pro, will give you a big jump in graphics performance.

wags 23:58 25 Mar 04

It seems this game needs more patches than Saigon High Street did during the final days of the war and has been released without due care and attention.As powerless says, there has been much debate about it such as: click here

I was going to buy it, but will wait until consensus of opinion says it's OK (ie after a few more patches !)

IClaudio 00:06 26 Mar 04

don't get hysterical, click here

which may give you some pointers. Your system seems fine, though I would agree that maybe your card is straining a bit.

tomleady 09:15 26 Mar 04

i've been tweaking around and got it play ok. nothing better though.

generally, from a gaming point of view, i think the singleplayer is terrible and that BF1942 was about a million times better.

not everyone has broadband for multiplayer EA!!!!!

bring on the patches

The Ghost of Inept Pig 14:14 26 Mar 04

I think that the Battefield series of games aren't worth much as single player titles - they lack the appropriate A.I. to make it worthwhile to play through the single player side - I doubt I'd have played on Battlefield 1942 as much as I have done if I didn't have the opportunity to try it out online, and indulge in the joy of shooting 'real' people - well, that and the large array of mods available for it.

Much like wags, I had intended on buying this, but may now wait and see what fixes future patches bring.

Oh well.. there's always Unreal Tournament 2004..

BF V although be it briefly

It could be a hit although: -
the AI is still dumb as before
the textures are very poor (looks like it should of been released a while back)
Some of the vechiles have been made to easy to use (IE Heli's)
Some sounds arent right.

I believe as does wag's and mr pig that the game could come good. But EA rushed the game to get it out (Seems to be the usual standand of EA at this moment in time)

This is proved in the fact that EA are releasing a patch today...

Cybermaxx 17:38 26 Mar 04

I'm keeping away from the latest fps titles until I upgrade my graphics card. Always ignore minimum specifications, because they're almost meaningless. Yeah, Return to Castle Wolfenstein online will do for me for the moment.....

Totally-braindead 17:51 26 Mar 04

Cybermaxx is right. Take the minimum spec stated on the box and add at least 50%. I've found some games that even when you've got the recommended spec don't run worth a damn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…