A battery replacement for Toshiba Satellite L650

john bunyan 18:27 24 Jul 14
Answered

A warning has appeared that the battery is "poor". Online prices vary from about £29 to a True Toshiba at about £80. I guess you get what you pay for so is, say, £40 a good price/ (Obviously these are clones.

rdave13 23:36 24 Jul 14

For a couple of hours use see here.

BRYNIT 23:49 24 Jul 14

If you are not going to buy a True Toshiba Battery go for something like in rdave's link as you may find the one at £40 maybe the same or similar to the cheaper one.

rdave13 00:04 25 Jul 14

Hmm, bought a Packard Bell Dot ' whatyoumaycallit' battery from Superb Choice via Amazon. Took a while to deliver but no complaints whatsoever. As a matter of fact took the horrendous way, using Amazon, to email the seller to express my delight at their product, and they had the same hurdles to say 'thank you'.

I'd go for the 12 cell one. It not only lifts the laptop aiding cooling but also lasts a bit longer.

Add a tenner for delivery I should think.

rdave13 00:21 25 Jul 14
Answer

Should have added, check the image of the battery for connections. I recommend them by my own experience. Up to you jb.

john bunyan 16:58 25 Jul 14

Thanks all. I have used onlinelaptopbatteries before for keyboards - their battery was £24.95 - thought I would give it a try. If it only lasts a year it is quite cheap. The Amazon one at about £12 seems almost too good to be true A friend says a tip is to weigh them but one cannot do that in advance!.

john bunyan 17:08 25 Jul 14

Rdave 13

I actually need 2 for 2 computers so will get your 12 cell one as well!

rdave13 18:21 25 Jul 14

john bunyan , had a look at my old emails and also go one for my better half's HP laptop, also 12 cell. That was in May 2012. Both still going strong. Took about eight days to arrive, which isn't bad, coming from Nebraska.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5