Battery life Dell Inspiron 1545

PalaeoBill 20:02 10 Feb 10

A friend has asked me about her new (6 months ish) Dell laptop that only gets around half an hour of battery life.
I found a previous posting on pcadvisor click here
and a couple on other forums and it appears that this is par for the course for this model.
Do you think that its acceptable to sell a laptop with such poor battery life?
FE I would greatly apprectiate your opinion.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:21 10 Feb 10

Not terribly good but I use these guys for laptop batteries and their goods seem to last longer than the originals IMHO. The battery for that computer is £31.41 inc postage....click here

G

MAJ 20:47 10 Feb 10

My Inspiron 1545 is now 14 months old, the battery is 97% full and reading 1hr 59 minutes remaining. I rarely use the laptop on battery power but it always in the laptop.

Al94 22:25 10 Feb 10

Amazingly, my Inspiron 6400 is almost 4 years old and the battery shows as healthy with 1 hr 47 mins on 99%. It will probably die now!

Input Overload 11:03 11 Feb 10

It all depends on how you use your battery, regular discharge & charge can make the difference between months & years. A new battery should be charged & discharged to the point where your PC tells you it needs mains for 5 times. After that once a week or so.

PalaeoBill 09:45 12 Feb 10

I've just spent the last few days working in a field centre with the lady in question. Her Inspiron 1545 running along side my old Latitude D505 doing nothing more extreme than writing up the days work in Word and answering e-mails (wireless internet). The 1545 managed just over twenty minutes, the D505 was still showing 30% remaining after two hours. She wasn't playing music (I was) or running any other apps just Word and Outlook.

oldbeefer2 12:17 12 Feb 10

Glad I bought a Samsung netbook - 8hrs on one charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…