Base unit upgrade

Saltyseadog 00:24 04 Mar 06

I work away and news from home is that my son's desktop computer is on it's last legs, I'm considering giving it a good houseclean when I get back and possibly do a reformat and reload but it's about 4/5 years old now and the motherboard at least needs to be replaced and possibly the hard drive. I would only really require a new base unit, I see that Aldi have a multimedia one for 379.99 and I know they generally get good write ups but does anyone have any alternative suggestions about what to buy in that price range or cheaper if possible.
Thanks in anticipation.

Stuartli 01:24 04 Mar 06

This is a regular question and a search will reveal many examples.

In the meantime have a look at click here (Systems link) and click here which has a wide choice of base units, especially Packard Bell variants.

AndySD 02:47 04 Mar 06

click here may be worth a look.

jack 08:42 04 Mar 06

And here - click here

polo 12:25 04 Mar 06

I have a Targa from Aldi extremely high spec and it's marvellous.Three years effective guarantee. So different from the Mesh I had before! The after care from Targa a German firm, is second to none. The helpline is just the price of the call and infact I have been known the email them and they've phoned me! Then with no quibbles sent me replacements immediately. Trouble is they only ever have 3 delivered in each shop when they get them so you have to be up early!

Saltyseadog 22:24 04 Mar 06

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

Cybermaxx 18:39 05 Mar 06

Maybe too late, but this pretty good for £400

click here

Stuartli 23:28 05 Mar 06

Are you sure that your Targa wasn't from Lidl?

Aldi does Medion and Tevion and Lidl has a link with Targa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now