Bargain at Aldi?

Bingalau 19:33 25 Jun 07

This click here looks like a bit of a bargain.

Totally-braindead 19:49 25 Jun 07

7 day shop do some a couple of pound or so cheaper but once you pay postage, assumming thats all you want, tht Aldi one is a better deal.

Bingalau 20:07 25 Jun 07

FE. Thanks for swapping it over. Just realised it should have gone into "Consumerwatch" in the first place. Maybe someone can put me wise as to what constitutes "High Speed" How high do these things go anyway? Are low speed cards better for some things than high speed ones and vice-versa?

Totally-braindead 20:15 25 Jun 07

It all depends on what Tevion class as high speed. Some cameras can use faster SD cards to work faster, take a faster image and get ready for the next shot more quickly and useful for taking a lot of images one after another but there seems to be some confusion, some cards class themselves as high speed and are 80x speed whereas some as 133x speed.
Its only really important if your digital camera can use the extra speed of a high speed SD card otherwise its not worth bothering.
A friend of mine has a Casio and it recommends a high speed card but all 3 cameras I have had including the one I have now do not need the high speed cards and will work the same with any card, hope that helps.
PS the cameras that take the high speed cards will still work with the lower speed ones its just they will take longer to get ready for the next shot.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:43 25 Jun 07

Aye, couple that with the digital photo frame click here you could have a differnt phot every 5 mins for the rst of your life.

Bingalau 20:46 25 Jun 07

Totally-braindead. Thanks for that, I now know what I wanted to know. Live and Learn. I might buy one at that price and see if it makes any difference in the time between shots. Are they also perhaps, better for use in a Sat-Nav?

Confab 20:56 25 Jun 07

Tom Tom requires SD cards with a minium of 10Mb/s read/write ( x66). You should find out the card speed before buying if you are thinking of using it in your satnav

Confab

anthonystorey 17:42 27 Jun 07

Aldi had a similar offer last month but i think it was a one gig card, i got there 20 mins after opening and they had sold out straight away so get there early if you want one they were also selling a tevion 6425 laser mouse for £14.99 it fantastic value in my opinion.

tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…