barebones systems

Diodorus Siculus 08:59 06 Nov 05

I am looking for a bundle for friend of mine - basically a new motherboard, processor, RAM and case. Got a hard disk, optical drives, software etc.

I've looked at Novatech and am very pleased with previous Novatech experiences - just wondering if there are any others out there providing similar bundles.

I really don't want to go down the build-it-myself route.

Any thoughts? Thanks as alwasys, Dio

Diemmess 10:41 06 Nov 05

Had your exact problem recently, replacing a 'budget' and long obsolete PC from Novatech.

Like you I have always had excellent support from Novatech but this time went to a local shop that I with others, have come to trust.

OK the items have a small mark-up, but there is NO CARRIAGE charge, alternative choice, guaranteed matching, and good support if things don't go as planned. They do repair or sort problems for the helpless and consquently are able to offer components of proved and reliable quality.

Diodorus Siculus 11:40 06 Nov 05

Diemmess - certainly an option but I am in south London and there are a lot of "fly by night" operators here! Certainly none that I know personally who have been here any length of time.

TeaBee 11:42 06 Nov 05

Aria seem to be offering a good deal on an AMD 3200

put SYR-DIY-VEN into their search.

Diodorus Siculus 11:47 06 Nov 05

TeaBee - certainly an option that I will take a look at.

pj123 14:09 06 Nov 05

We do "bundles" but that is exactly what it is.

You get the components you want but you have to put them together yourself.

click here

email or give us a ring. Let's see if we can help.

Diodorus Siculus 14:47 06 Nov 05

pj123 - exactly what I don't want to do! sorry

pj123 15:02 06 Nov 05

But that's what "bundles" are. A lot of components supplied to you to put together yourself. We will put them together for you (at a cost around £8) and test them to make sure they work. That's why I said email us or give us ring.

Diodorus Siculus 17:25 06 Nov 05

OK - that's where I was not clear with my terminology - what I wanted was what Novatech care calling "barebones" - ie the components I mentioned above, all installed and working ok.

Joe R 21:30 06 Nov 05

Diodorus Siculus,
used this company myself, and found them to be very reliable and punctual.
click here

Diodorus Siculus 15:16 09 Nov 05

Thanks guys; all sorted. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…