bare bones pc????

cte 19:49 12 Apr 06

hi all!!!!

my first post here! :D

i am looking to buy a new bare bone pc

i have had a couple of pcs over the years, that i built from scratch with my dad. but have never been 100% happy with the performance etc....

i want to buy something that has been tried, tested, and built to work together well... :)

i am not looking for a full pc.... i want to spend about £500 on - cpu, cpu cooler, motherboard, memory, and case.

i am reall out of touch with pc hardware these days.... the best i have found is this:

click here

does anyone know of other good sources for semi built pc's??

whats this MESH all about (i am going to search for them now)... i am hearing a lot of problems on here.... is it worth checking out for just the parts i am after???

thanks a lot guys!!!! :D

andy

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 12 Apr 06

I'm a big fan of Novatech and the current machine I have is a barebones from Novatech with a few other bits and pieces that I added on.

I'd go with them anytime for quality of service and reasonably priced delivery.

Totally-braindead 19:59 12 Apr 06

Mesh build systems they do not supply parts. Also have a look here click here have to point out that even buying a barebones you may be dearer than getting the whole system, advantages are the fun you have building it as well as what you learn plus you get exactly the PC you wanted.

Totally-braindead 20:01 12 Apr 06

PS Novatech are my favourite online supplers, I've built 2 PCs using the barebones systems and they've worked out fine. If you're into games make sure whatever you get has a PCI Express slot.

wjrt 20:04 12 Apr 06

as others rate novatech highly but you could look here for comparison

click here

cte 21:17 12 Apr 06

cool guys.... :)

im checking those out now...

i have an agp video card that i bought last year....... all the new vid cards are pci now?? i see most mother boards dont have agp slot??... damn .... have to look for a new vid card shortly after the pc purchase :(

on a side note about novatech... this is the highest spec barebones they do.... the specs seem ok to you guys??? im just so out of touch!! :(

Totally-braindead 22:27 12 Apr 06

The highest spec barebones they do are the two at the bottom if you wish to spend that much, click here they are both dual core processors, only difference appears to be the colour, ones black and ones silver, only thing I have against them is they don't support SLI. But they both have the latest chipset, RAID, support SATA drives and use dual channel memory. It'll fly but it depends if you want to spend that much.

Totally-braindead 22:34 12 Apr 06

You could also look at this one click here its basically everything bar monitor, mouse, speakers, keyboard and operating system. It really depends how much you wish to spend. The Komplett one is not dual core and wouldn't be as fast as the Novatech one but its worth considering.

It all depends what you want to use it for. You can get a reasonable ready built system complete with a 17" TFT monitor for around the £600 mark. Look in your PC Advisor mag to see what I mean.

Totally-braindead 22:36 12 Apr 06

Sorry just noticed what you wish to spend. This is a good one click here

cte 09:13 13 Apr 06

thanks a lot Totally-braindead m8.... you have been a great help there....

the novatech dual cpu is the one ive been thinking of buying.... i just wasnt sure about the motherboard :( in particualr it doesnt mention anything about the motherboards Max FSB - with the chip being - 2000MT/s .

SLI is dual graphics cards in the machine yea?? im not sure if i will be able to afford 2 graphics cards after the pc lol!! :) i really havent looked into the dual card stuff, i dont know if i will be wanting it in the future ( i do occasionally play pc games).

other than dual gfx cards, this would be fine for me?

thanks so much for the help here!!!!! :D

wjrt 18:14 13 Apr 06

sli mobo will run with onr card or two . you choose. get best you can afford and add another later if needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…