Bag Vs Bagless vacuum cleaners

Graham. 09:12 15 Jul 10

Found this whilst looking for vinyl floor polish click here

What does the team think?

onthelimit 09:16 15 Jul 10

I have a Miele upright 'cat and dog' which has a bag. German reliability (unlike the Dyson bagless I had - briefly), and the bag only needs changing every couple of months. What I spend on bags more than offsets the cost of repairs/replacemant!

morddwyd 09:41 15 Jul 10

Thank you.

Some interesting and logical points.

Personally I have always preferred bags, simply because of the better filter effect.

dms_05 12:13 15 Jul 10

I prefer bag less designs. I can't see how keeping a storage bag of bacteria rich debris/dirt/residue in your home for several months can be considered hygienic. I empty my bag less design weekly and that has to be better than keeping a bacteria rich bag in your home.

Marko797 12:52 15 Jul 10

just shows that some people are just so paranoid, or actually live in a midden!

john bunyan 13:49 15 Jul 10

Many tradesmen use "Henry". I have two (one is a Hetty), with optional permanent bags that are kept clean. A very reliable machine at a modest cost. You can buy disposable bags if you want.

jack 16:17 15 Jul 10

Is another bag/bagless/wet'n' dry machine that is very versatile

ams4127 19:41 15 Jul 10

I use a Dyson Animal to clean up after my GSD. Most excellent.

spuds 18:58 16 Jul 10

Went bag-less with special filtrations many moons ago, never regretted it.

karmgord 18:52 17 Jul 10

If you have got pets all bagged vacuums will smell,Dysons you can wash out collector & filters to prevent the exhaust air smelling.
Meile are the "Rolls Royce" of vacuums for efficiency & reliability.
Dysons give a 5yr guarantee which you will probably need to use.

keef66 12:13 22 Jul 10

Even after 5 years the Dyson service is good value. The engineer replaced about half the machine (new motor, brush-bar, all filters, hoses, cyclone) for just over 70 quid. Better than it was from new now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac