Bag Vs Bagless vacuum cleaners

Graham. 09:12 15 Jul 10

Found this whilst looking for vinyl floor polish click here

What does the team think?

onthelimit 09:16 15 Jul 10

I have a Miele upright 'cat and dog' which has a bag. German reliability (unlike the Dyson bagless I had - briefly), and the bag only needs changing every couple of months. What I spend on bags more than offsets the cost of repairs/replacemant!

morddwyd 09:41 15 Jul 10

Thank you.

Some interesting and logical points.

Personally I have always preferred bags, simply because of the better filter effect.

dms_05 12:13 15 Jul 10

I prefer bag less designs. I can't see how keeping a storage bag of bacteria rich debris/dirt/residue in your home for several months can be considered hygienic. I empty my bag less design weekly and that has to be better than keeping a bacteria rich bag in your home.

Marko797 12:52 15 Jul 10

just shows that some people are just so paranoid, or actually live in a midden!

john bunyan 13:49 15 Jul 10

Many tradesmen use "Henry". I have two (one is a Hetty), with optional permanent bags that are kept clean. A very reliable machine at a modest cost. You can buy disposable bags if you want.

jack 16:17 15 Jul 10

Is another bag/bagless/wet'n' dry machine that is very versatile

ams4127 19:41 15 Jul 10

I use a Dyson Animal to clean up after my GSD. Most excellent.

spuds 18:58 16 Jul 10

Went bag-less with special filtrations many moons ago, never regretted it.

karmgord 18:52 17 Jul 10

If you have got pets all bagged vacuums will smell,Dysons you can wash out collector & filters to prevent the exhaust air smelling.
Meile are the "Rolls Royce" of vacuums for efficiency & reliability.
Dysons give a 5yr guarantee which you will probably need to use.

keef66 12:13 22 Jul 10

Even after 5 years the Dyson service is good value. The engineer replaced about half the machine (new motor, brush-bar, all filters, hoses, cyclone) for just over 70 quid. Better than it was from new now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…