BAD_POOL_CALLER Serious error message

piker1 09:15 11 May 04

I have been getting the above message on my Mesh P4 since new. Boot drive has been changed by Mesh. Error msg same as MS Knowledge article 316424, which says there is a driver conflict with XP. Mesh have had the machine and the drivers are generic XP.

spuds 10:13 11 May 04
  piker1 10:25 11 May 04

Spuds
Thanks for the advice. I have sent Mesh a comprehensive write up with the problems on the machine. The problem is identified in the MS Knowledgebase article 316424, which points to out of date or non XP compliant drivers, Mesh dont think this is the cause. They had my mschine for almost 3 weeks and all they could identify was a faulty hard drive. Having changed the drive and returned the machine the fault is still there. I have contacted Microsoft and they will only advise me if I pay a minimum of £45 for the privildge! I have once again e-mailed Mesh and await their response.

spuds 10:49 11 May 04

This is sometimes the problem with OEM products, that the manufacturer will not offer free support. In this case Mesh should offer the support, and I am sure that they will have the answer.Mesh usually reply back double-quick via Davey or Amrit to requests via this forum.Software problems are usually the hardest to solve, but in this case, if it is the drivers, then there are,most likely,some replacement available.Fingers crossed and keep us informed.

iscanut2 13:35 11 May 04

I had the same problem a month or so ago. Caused by my mistake in loading an old Audigy sound card driver. Could not get Win XP to load, all attempts failed so i had to reinstall Win XP...

MESH Support 14:35 11 May 04

Sorry for the delay in posting. The search function still seems to be inoperative in this part of the forum so it's down to searching for for Mesh customers by hand.

I beleive I have your email sent to our meshresponse email address. You have provided a large amount of detail in this email which is greatly appreciated. I will look into the information, and our records and email you back as soon as possible.

Davey

Mesh Support

piker1 14:57 12 May 04

For Davey of Mesh
I have received a note from Mesh today, no idea who sent it, I am thoroughly disappointed that all you want is my address and phone number - you have it. The machine was with you recently for almost 3 weeks of testing, what good is another test. I note you are gratefull for the large amount of data I have given you, surely from this info the driver or driver causing this problem can be identified without the need for me to suufer even more inconvenience by being without the machine yet again!This PC has been acknowledged by Mesh to be faulty since new. All I am after is a machine fit for the purpose it was purchased for.
This is not a good advert for Mesh products or Customer Service.

MESH Support 16:39 12 May 04

I can see now that you also had a request for assistance logged via our website.

The response you have received is from that and not from the email you sent to me.

I was making arrangements for contact prior to posting this and so hopefully will have one of our engineers discussing this with you shortly.

Davey

Mesh Support

Iceman1978 00:02 14 May 04

I used to get this & similar errrors. Changed vertually all components & still got the same error. In the end I got rid of the motherboard & replaced it with a ASUS motherboard & have not had an issue since. I would ask them to replace the motherboard.

piker1 09:54 14 May 04

Iceman1978
Unfortunately I have an ASUS motherboard already. Phil from Mesh gave me a call on Tuesday as a result of this thread, he's fully upto speed of the error messages and what is implied via the MS knowledgebase article. He thinks it's one of two problems - one of the memory chips (have run machine in various configes ie 1 chip in either slot, chips in opposite slots etc etc - no change) the thought is it may be a problem with the graphic card memory. Phil is going to ring me this lunchtime to get the very latest, which is that i've had the BAD_POOL_CALLER msg two more times and nothing is common to them! I have stressed I do not want the machine to go back yet again for further testing as I feel it should have had just about everything tested.
Will keep you all posted.

piker1 10:04 14 May 04

Just an update, whilst replying to the thread regarding poor service from Mesh, my machine shut down with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message, once again the serious error message points to a driver conflict. Hope you guys at Mesh spot this before calling me today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…