BAD SERVICE from Logitech!

Dark Mantis 19:04 19 Jun 10

In the past I have always found Logitech to be very curtious and consumer friendly whenever I dealt with them, however this was not the case this time. I phoned up to make a warranty call on my Laser LX710 wireless keyboard and mouse combo which had a couple of faults. I was told that they didn't make this model any more and so it would be replaced with a MK300 combo set. I made it clear that I wasn't in agreement that this was a fair replacement and even offered to pay towards the MK710 which I considered to be the equal of my setup. This was refused and I ended up getting the MK300.
After receiving the cheaper option I sent several emails to the company saying how dissatisfied I was with the outcome but after much debate the best I could arrange was that they would give me a 35% discount against another set. This is rediculous as in the beginning I had offered to pay the extra to have the combo that was the equal of my faulty one.
I have been trying to use this MK300 but it is total cr*p compared to my original and I spend twice as long typing because I end up making many more mistakes because of the cheap keys. I have already disposed of the mouse and am using the same as was in the original set but from another kit I had.
Anyway I just wanted to show how things have changed with this company that always used to be excellent.

Goofyish 19:58 19 Jun 10

The LX710 is available from Amazon for £35.

The MK300 kit is only £20 so as you say it's not of equal value.

Dark Mantis 20:16 19 Jun 10

No that was my point exactly, I was being palmed off with an inferior product. Actually at the time I paid even more than that for it.

Dark Mantis 07:39 21 Jun 10

bump

morddwyd 09:50 21 Jun 10

"bump"

Why?

Are you waiting for an answer to a question?

Dark Mantis 12:10 21 Jun 10

Please also see this other thread:

click here

Dark Mantis 12:39 21 Jun 10

I just received this email from Logitech and in the spirit of fairness wanted to pass it on.

Thank you for your response to Logitech Customer Support.

My name is Zeru and I have just learned of your case. I would like to extend our deepest apologies on behalf of Logitech for the way you've been treated. I assure you,
our customer support is normally of the highest standard.

Upon investigating your case, I see that you were most definitely right all along. It is regrettable that it has taken this long to take the obvious and correct action from our side.

I have sent you a new MK710 keyboard (as there are no LX710 keyboards with the UK layout) with no further delay and it should arrive your address within 3-4 business days. The MK710 you will see, is of the same caliber and standard as the LX710, unlike the MK300 which is a much simpler keyboard.

Please accept our apologies and thank you for choosing Logitech!

Very fair I think and restres my faith in their customer service.

Dark Mantis 13:15 21 Jun 10

That was the answer I was waiting for!

ronalddonald 11:42 24 Jun 10

Somone called Zeru ?? what lame excuse of a name

ronalddonald 11:43 24 Jun 10

How about bumpy tea bump

Dark Mantis 23:22 25 Jun 10

Well at least the proper desktop set turned up in the end and I must say it is much better than the crap they originally sent. Thanks for your support mates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5