Backup Software for Vista

Kymagic 16:02 05 Apr 08

I recently built my own computer, which runs Vista Home Premium. I have realised that there is one vital point missing - I do not have any way to back it up. I know that Vista comes with a backup utility, but I have heard that it is not very good, and I am rather wary of bundled software like that. Can anyone suggest some software which will allow me to backup my PC? I will be backing it up to an external USB hard drive. I used to use Norton Ghost for my old computer, though it very rarely worked, and I ran in to loads of compatibility problems with the hardware I was using, which has made me a bit wary of Ghost now (unless someone can persuade me otherwise? If necessary I can search for compatibility issues when I get a recommendation).

Thanks in advance.

Pine Man 16:08 05 Apr 08

Acronis True Image. Version 10 onwards for Vista.

Dipso 00:47 06 Apr 08

DiscWizard is based on Acronis and is free if you have a Seagate or Maxtor hard drive click here

Dipso 00:48 06 Apr 08

To add I use it to back-up my Vista PC.

AlanHo 04:56 06 Apr 08

I agree with Pine Man - Acronis True Image works well with Vista.

anskyber 08:00 06 Apr 08

Acronis, another vote.

sunny staines 09:52 06 Apr 08

use ATI or ghost version14, make sure they are compatible with vista pre ver14 of ghost are not.

Kymagic 10:57 06 Apr 08

Thanks for the replies. Admittedly, it took me a minute to work out that you weren't on about graphics cards in the last post... Slow day today... I shall go with Acronis True Image. Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac