backing up games

manrik 09:22 12 Jan 05

my twelve yr old son has loads of pc games,which means he leaves them out of the case and all over his room only to get damaged.what i want to know is what would be the best copy software to buy so i can back his games up for him. many thanks........

FelixTCat 15:19 12 Jan 05

A baseball bat - - - - - - - and a sign saying "Replace Games CDs in their boxes"

FelixTCat 15:21 12 Jan 05

Failing the above, it is possible to download "No CD" patches from the internet so that you can play your legally acquired games without having to keep placing the original CD in the drive. Note that provided you own and have the original game CD then this is not illegal

kult 15:24 12 Jan 05

If they are old games then, they might copy normally if you CD Writer is reasonably new.

If they are bang up to date then your out of luck, there are ways to copy newer games as i'm sure others will tell you but it is not something you can do quickly or in most cases easily.

And the newer games such as Half-life 2 Need an internet connection to install and won't work if copied.

(P.S.) Really annoying if your games machine like mine isn't attached to the net.

Totally-braindead 15:33 12 Jan 05

Disagree with FelixTCat I think you'll find it is illegal even if you own the original game due to copyright legislation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…