Back Up Issue with two PCs

Dannyb 10:52 28 Aug 05

I have a small portable USB hard drive and use it to work on at work as well as at at home. Is there a programme, or easy way of being able to keep the data on it updated on both the work and home computer where only new files and amended files are copied across. I tried to use "My briefcase" but didn't seem to be able to get that working properly. At the moment I have stuff on my portable hard drive which is not on either PC and I am only using the hard drive rather than the PCs to store the data on, which is not a safe idea I'm sure. Also, I would like to ensure that what is on my portable HD is safe from prying eyes in the event I left it somewhere. Thanks.

DieSse 13:42 28 Aug 05

click here for synchronisation - google for others ... data synchronize ...

Axcrypt to keep you data from prying eyes click here The beauty of Axcrypt (apart from it being free) is that you can have the password entered automatically on your systems - but for anyone else the data would not be accessible.

DieSse 13:43 28 Aug 05

Axcrypt to keep you data from prying eyes click here The beauty of Axcrypt (apart from it being free) is that you can have the password entered automatically on your systems - but for anyone else the data would not be accessible.

DieSse 13:44 28 Aug 05

Dannyb 15:33 28 Aug 05

Thanks for that information DieSse. I have also checked out google as you say, and see two programmes which look really worthwhile trying, one is "allwaysync" which is free and the other was "syncback" which is $20, there was another called "viceversa" which cost $29. Does anybody have any experience of using any of them? The simpler the better.. I don't mind paying for the right programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…