babylon extension removal from Chrome

DoctorBeer 12:17 PM 10 Dec 12

I can't remove Babylon from Google Chrome, have gone to extensions but it's not listed

Forum Editor 17:08 PM 10 Dec 12

I suggest that you go into Control panel and click on add/remove programs. Check the list to see if Babylon is listed.If it is, you can uninstall it from there.

rdave13 17:13 PM 10 Dec 12

Also many tips here.

DoctorBeer 19:53 PM 10 Dec 12

Thank you for your posts. First thing I did was go to c. panel/uninstall and ditched 2 items referring to Babylon, this did not stop it taking over Google Chrome, I looked at Google site and followed instructions for removing extensions but there were none relating to babylon. I am wary of touching anything that sounds like the registry, so decided to go to restore date before the infection started, this has solved the problem.

Memo to self:- Must be very careful when downloading drivers, go to the company making the equipment not a driver download site!

Thanks again - problem solved.

Forum Editor 18:28 PM 11 Dec 12

I'm pleased it's fixed. Don't forget to tick your thread as resolved - just click on one of the grey ticks you see alongside the posts. The tick will turn green, and your thread will have a tick next to it in the listing.

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know