babylon extension removal from Chrome

DoctorBeer 12:17 PM 10 Dec 12
Answered

I can't remove Babylon from Google Chrome, have gone to extensions but it's not listed

Forum Editor 17:08 PM 10 Dec 12

I suggest that you go into Control panel and click on add/remove programs. Check the list to see if Babylon is listed.If it is, you can uninstall it from there.

rdave13 17:13 PM 10 Dec 12
Answer

Also many tips here.

DoctorBeer 19:53 PM 10 Dec 12

Thank you for your posts. First thing I did was go to c. panel/uninstall and ditched 2 items referring to Babylon, this did not stop it taking over Google Chrome, I looked at Google site and followed instructions for removing extensions but there were none relating to babylon. I am wary of touching anything that sounds like the registry, so decided to go to restore date before the infection started, this has solved the problem.

Memo to self:- Must be very careful when downloading drivers, go to the company making the equipment not a driver download site!

Thanks again - problem solved.

Forum Editor 18:28 PM 11 Dec 12

I'm pleased it's fixed. Don't forget to tick your thread as resolved - just click on one of the grey ticks you see alongside the posts. The tick will turn green, and your thread will have a tick next to it in the listing.

Many thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites