AVI not uploading to image grabbing software

Colin1972 15:18 04 Jun 09

Hi

I have just installed image grabber II, to capture shots from video and present them in a comic strip-like jpeg. Bizarrely, however, avi files don't upload to it - all other file extensions like rm, mpeg and wmv work fine. I downloaded another piece of software that does the same sort of thing, and oddly, that doesn't pick up avi either - which leads me to think it's something to do with the configuration of my 'puter rather than with the software itself. Any clever person out there got any suggestions? Cheers.

AL47 20:57 04 Jun 09

that is a unusual program, what do you use it for [if you dont mind me asking]

as too your problem, dunno, avi is just a container, its not a format itself, usually some form of mpeg format with sound file combined, the video could be a number of formats

but bottom line avi is not a format itself

eminesh 06:04 08 Jun 09

After opening the video file with Image Grabber II.NET click at the right button, of all, at the bottom. Then enter the number of frames you want for your Screenhots. 6 or 8 frames are enough for quality evaluation. More than 10 frames are unnecessary. Go to «File» and choose «Save File...». Now you can preview how it will look like. Beware that subtitles can le loaded along side the avi file and consequently they will show at the Screenshots. If subtitles appear at the Screenshots remove the subtitle file from the video file folder, to do a proper Screenshot. Choose «Options». Select "2" columns, and at «Title Width» and «Title Height» enter the movie aspect ratio. Finally just click «Save» and upload the .jpg file to an Image Hoster.

ened 07:37 08 Jun 09

There are loads of ways to grab images but I like this little free utility becauise it is simple and also acts as a good viewer.

click here

PS I have just saved a jpeg from an AVI file when some image grabbers will not pick up anything other than a black screen in WMP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now