AVG no longer free :(

donki 20:23 19 Mar 09

Have to say I am gutted that from April 12 AVG 7.5 (free) will no longer be supported. Has been the best AV I have used. Question is what are my options now? Are there any other good free AV programs or will I finially have to buy one.

MAT ALAN 20:26 19 Mar 09

click here

just get the latest version....

donki 20:29 19 Mar 09

Opppps Thanks mate feel a lil stupid now.

ened 07:36 20 Mar 09

Don't feel stupid it doesn't work for everyone!

A year ago I switched to Avast because of problems with the upgrade.

^wave^ 08:26 20 Mar 09

i have used the latest avg 8 for ages no probs what so ever god luck with the upgraded

anchor 08:54 20 Mar 09

I also was using AVG 7.5, and was quite happy. Support and updates for this ceased on 18th March, and I was invited to download version 8.5.

I had previously tried version 8, and like many others on this forum had problems, and reverted to 7.5. Perhaps 8.5 is better, but I decided not to risk it and installed Avast. So far I am satisfied with it.

donki 09:12 20 Mar 09

Thanks guys,

I installed 8.5 free and it seems to work just as good, updates are easy and it ticks over without any system slowdown or anything. All good.

RESOLVED :)

johnem 13:46 20 Mar 09

Unfortunately AVG version 8 or 8.5 is not compatible with Windows98. Will have to look forward something else to use on my steam driven laptop!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…