AVG 7.5 updates to end

anchor 11:46 10 May 08

Just had a pop-up to say that updates for AVG 7.5 free will stop at the end of May.

AVG 8 free is replacing it, and updates for this will continue.

beynac 11:50 10 May 08

Updates will continue until 31/12/2008. This is the official date published on the AVG Free forum.

anchor 12:10 10 May 08

I only know what the official AVG pop-up said on my notebook this morning, which still has 7.5 installed. It stated updates for 7.5 will end on 31.5.08.

It invited me to download free v:8 then, or be reminded later. My desktop already has V: 8 installed, so no pop-up here.

anchor 12:30 10 May 08

Yes, I have now looked at the same posting and see what you mean.

Odd; which is correct?.

beynac 15:07 10 May 08

Yes, it is odd. My guess is that they set up the popup to get people to upgrade and then changed their minds about the cut-off date.

IMHO it would be sensible for them to change (or remove) the popup, as it will confuse and irritate people to be given this incorrect information.

crosstrainer 16:36 10 May 08

Is flaky with Vista....8 is fine, so no great loss methinks. The update manager in 7.5 played havoc with my new PC, constantly trying to download updates that were not there, popping up with messages all the time etc.

Before I upgraded to 8, I had to slow the system down via the BIOS, boot, update 7.5, re-boot, set the BIOS up for full throttle and carry on! 8 has no such issues, and the interface is far better. The "upgrade to paid version" note is annoying, but you can't really blame them for that....It even sits happily with PC Tools Spware Doctor.

ened 16:57 10 May 08

I have been running 7.5 on my Vista Ultimate machine for six months now! No problems at all.

But, looking at the AVG Forums, it would appear Version 8 is not entirely bug free.

anchor 17:31 11 May 08

I will see what happens after the end of this month.

I have to say that, so far, V:8 seems OK on my PC. I will give it more time until I install it on my notebook.

Quiet Life 18:10 11 May 08

"DEADLINE FOR AVG 7.5 FREE UPDATES 31/12/2008
Posted by: michaelhd - AVG Team (IP Logged)
Date: May 5, 2008 10:00AM

This is the official date that support and updates for AVg 7.5 Free will end.

If the date changes we will give you good forward notice. "

Above is posting from aVG employee on their forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…