AVG 7.1 is it due to die?

bigboab y 10:55 23 Oct 06

Went on to the Grisoft site to download AVG free edition (7.1) for a friend ,only to find a message saying that 7.1 will be unsupported from 15th January 2007...as I use 7.1 in my own computer ,does this mean that I will need to buy the new one (7.5) after January?? Maybe one of the PC Advisor forum watchers could find out.

€dstowe 11:16 23 Oct 06

This has been on the cards for a long time (ever since the introduction of version 7, I think).

A statement on the AVG site says:

"Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs."

so I suppose the thing to do is wait and see what they come up with.

g0slp 13:58 23 Oct 06

The new free version (7.5) is now available from
Grisoft.

Download it, then select the 'repair' function when prompted. Restart required after that, then check for latest updates. Business as usual afterwards. I've upgraded 4 machines; all without incident.

bigboab y 14:10 23 Oct 06

Good stuff... done as you suggested gosip and all is well... just got the impression that the they were going to start charging after January.. I will watch with interest..cheers all

Pamy 14:47 23 Oct 06

Took two goes to update ( currupt file 1st time), but all is OK now, thanks for info.

Thanks for thread bigboab y.

g0slp 15:36 23 Oct 06

Glad to help.

Mark

anchor 15:52 23 Oct 06

On reading about v.7.5 it certainly seems to me that is to be a charge of 39.95 US$ for a 2 year subscription.

The trial version of 7.5 is only fully functional for 30 days.

It will interesting to see what the free Avast does.

Ikelos 16:28 23 Oct 06

Just installed ver5 on my laptops and i can not find anything about a trial version..

Pamy 16:44 23 Oct 06

I think there ae two versions, free and paid for just as previous version

anchor 16:56 23 Oct 06

Pamy: Perhaps I missed the reference to the free one. Can you post the URL?.

Pamy 17:04 23 Oct 06

click here

scroll to the bottom of page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017