Automatic Credit on card.

ened 06:47 23 Jul 04

I recently had to return some parts for a refund.
The amount was approx:£300.
After a week I telephoned to check they had received it (Although the courier had confirmed it).
A week later I received a Credit Note.
The day before I was due to pay my Card bill I telephoned to ask why the Credit had not been processed.
The answer:
"We are not allowed to keep Credit Card details and were waiting for you to contact us."
I don't intend to name the company because in all other respects they have always been spot on.
But is she correct or was it just a dodgy way of holding on to the money for as long as possible?

harps1h 08:54 23 Jul 04

cautious. this happened to me in february of this year. ihadn't got a refund but a mail to say that it would be done. after a period a phoned the c/s rep i had been speaking to and i was told their company did not hold details and i gave my details to him and the money was in my account in a few days

spuds 10:43 23 Jul 04

This non-holding of details is becoming more of a norm with companies now. A couple of companies that I deal with, and have done over a period of years, no longer store customers credit card details, due to security and processing reasons.Safeguards you, and safeguards them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac