Audio Editing

Vsr 08:19 20 Sep 06

I would like to remove parts of an mp3 file. My idea is to convert mp3 to wav, then use an audio editor to cut out the unwanted parts. I'm just wondering if this would result in a loss of quality. Does anyone know good Mp3 editors?

FatboySlim71 08:57 20 Sep 06

I use this program to edit my MP3's, its very easy to use and gives great results and its free, I have used it for a couple of years without any problems.

click here

FatboySlim71 09:03 20 Sep 06

If you do download Audacity, download the "Lame MP3 encoder" as well because the first time you use Audacity it will ask you where this file is located, so just remember where on your pc you have saved it to, as this file is needed to export your MP3 files that you have edited, it only asks the first time you edit an MP3 and save it, any further uses of Audacity will no longer ask you where the "Lame MP3 encoder" is located.

dth 11:33 20 Sep 06

Another vote for Audacity here - a great programme.

sanish 12:27 05 Oct 06

For general Audio editing purpose like you said, FlexiMusic Wave Editor will do, that is I guess is the cheapest one with those features.

Stuartli 16:29 05 Oct 06

Audacity is free - doesn't come much cheaper than that...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…