Audio cd 'copy control'

esbe 23:40 21 May 03

Hi, os windows me.
Just bought an Audio cd with 'copy control' anti copying.
I put it in the dvd drive,as it wouldnt work in the cd-rw drive - got a message 'To listen to the cd a number of files need to be updated on your pc', clicked ok, the cd then installed its own player.
Being curious I tried to see if indeed any tracks could be copied - no way,it completely froze Nero.

I then tried it again in the cd rw, where it just made a clicking noise, - great I thought.

I eventually managed to get it to play in the cd rw via My Computer, and clicking on the drive, all this taking about 10 mins and umpteen BSOD's.

Next , I tried some 'ordinary'audio cds, and found the autoplay wasnt working, checked device manager cd rom drives etc - everything ok.

Enough of this (or words to that effect) I said, I'll remove this blighter - couldnt find it,tried Add/Remove Progs ,Search etc,and in the end System Restore saved the day.

The 'Copy Control' is by Midbar Tech, and looking in Google, seems to have opened a can of worms throughout the world.

I'm all against piracy, but at what price to me when cds screw up your pc. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…