Attention all AOL users!

Djohn 15:36 23 Jul 03

I just phoned AOL to cancell my Dial-up account so that I may go Broadband with another ISP.

To cut a long story short, they are offering exsisting users the full broadband service, no set-up fee for £19.99 per month. This is not being advertised, only offered to those who wish to cancell. This is just too good an offer to miss. Regards. j.

spikeychris 16:22 23 Jul 03

£19.99 for 512 John? if it is then I'd go for it as well if I had AOL.

Chris

Djohn 16:27 23 Jul 03

Yep, had to phone up the other ISP pretty quick to cancell my order with them! This is an offer to existing dial-up users, and will only be avaiable for a couple of months. Yes it's the full B/B service that they are offering at £27.99 on their web page. No fees for activation or modem. Regardsj.

Well thats p**d me off as I have gone over to broadband with AOL for £27.99 a month!!

holly polly 17:05 23 Jul 03

me also,just gone bb,free connection,and modem swayed it for me -for aol,sick as a blackpool donkey ,incedently how long did they say you would get bb for at £19.99 per month ,3,6 ,9 or 12 months?-cheers hhol pol...

Djohn 17:11 23 Jul 03

12 months, just received an e-mail to confirm.

If either of you are still within your cooling off period, phone up immediately and go through the phone menu until you reach cancellations department. Ask to cancel your account, see what they will offer. Good luck. j.

Mango Grummit 18:23 23 Jul 03

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! John, my good friend, I do wish you hadn't posted this. First time I've learnt something from you that I would rather not have known ;o)

And here was me thinking you were one of the nicest people about the place.

graham√ 18:30 23 Jul 03

'Sick as a Blackpool donkey'? Really!

spikeychris 18:35 23 Jul 03

The one my three year old was riding yesterday was in fine fettle..

Djohn 18:39 23 Jul 03

I'm so sorry for anyone that's missed out on this, I thought hard about posting this information for a while!

I realised that some people would be affected for the worse. I decided in the end that for all those who are on the verge of going B/B, I really had to let them know, rather than keep quiet about it. I do hope that people will see and understand my good intentions in posting this information. My regards and best wishes to all my friends. j.

Mango Grummit 18:50 23 Jul 03

Of course. I'm only joking J.

I've had several free months at different times from AOL anyway. It's just the luck of the draw, way things go (boohoo!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…