ATI probs with E-Buyer

JACC 11:52 03 Nov 05

I recently bought a Radeon 9800 Pro from E-Buyer which died after a few weeks . Got an RMA number from E-Buyer after a few days and sent it back , they found it was faulty and sent me another one on the 28th Oct. It was dead on arrival and i'm now waitng for another RMA number to send this one back .I'm not wanting another ATI Radeon card as two duds are enough for me,i'm going back to Nvidia ( if E-Buyer will let me ) I'm using this forum to keep a record of what is going on and to keep you all up to date , also we can compare our experiences with E-Buyer .I've bought from E-Buyer many times before and found them to be a good service , fingers crossed they are still good .

JACC 12:06 11 Nov 05

I got a reply from E-Buyer and they have confirmed that the Radeon 9800 Pro was a dud . I am sending it back and have gone back to Nvidia , will keep you posted .

Totally-braindead 23:32 11 Nov 05

I hope all goes well, I used them and found them good until I had to return stuff. Because of the mess, which I won't go into again, I no longer use them and don't recommend them to anyone. Good luck.

DuncanG 14:13 12 Nov 05

JACC...bought a 9800 pro off them couple weeks ago, was also DOA. I think they are out of stock and just recirculating duff gear to be honest (that card anyway!!).

Bought a refurbished one from somewhere else and is running like a dream for £40 less ;)

JACC 14:45 12 Nov 05

Sorry to hear you had problems with that card aswell DuncanG , and you're probably right about someone tying to score brownie points by sending duff stuff out to customers . It's not a good way to coduct business , not if they want us to return to them .

Lead 19:39 15 Nov 05

On a related note, I ordered a graphics card from Ebuyer over 3 weeks ago. It was the last one in stock. When it arrived, it had RMA stickers all over it, the box was dusty and worn, and there were cables missing. It was quite obviously a previously sold and returned board.

Needless to say, I returned it and I'm still waiting for a refund 2 weeks later. :(

JACC 20:15 15 Nov 05

I recieved my new graphics card yesterday .When i opened the package i noticed what i can only decribe as a "homemade sticker" on the box , when i opened the box the packet that the card was in had already been opened as the seal had been burst . These things don't just open themselves , you have to rip them open .I was under that much pressure from my sons to fit the new card (they had been waitng ages for a card that worked)that i installed it . It works a treat but there was no installation cd rom so i downloaded the drivers .I'm going to write today to E-Buyer telling them i'm not very happy with their service and goods which might be secondhand .If you've had goods from E-buyer that are not what they were meant to be could you please keep this post going so we can get a picture of how bad this is .

JACC 21:22 20 Nov 05

I got an e-mail from E-Buyer wanting the card returned . Now i'm going to have all the hassle of waitng for them to check it all out and send me a new one , and can you imagine the stick i'm going to get from my kids now that their games are playing so slow and the graphics are poor . All this is never taken into acccount by E-Buyer , just because they think that they can get away with selling second-hand goods . I would like to hear from anybody else who has this kind of bother with E-buyer .I hope there isn't to many.

JACC 04:38 04 Jan 06

I would like to hear from anyone who has been sent "secondhand goods" from E-Buyer.

rmcqua 14:24 04 Jan 06

I'm waiting for a graphics card to arrive from them today. I'll let you all know !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017