athlon 2000+ or 2600+ how can i find out.

kakellie 22:22 03 Dec 03

I recently sent my time powerstation xl back for repair when it returneg i checked system properties and ran 3d mark 2001se i also noted on the boot screen that my processor was shown as a athlon 2000+(1.67ghz) when it should be a athlon 2600+ i phoned time computers to which i was told at a cost of £1min it is a default setting surely this is incorrect am i being ripped off.

Jester2K II 22:29 03 Dec 03

It sounds like the default settings have been applied in the BIOS. Better to close this thread and start again in the Help-room. Include the motherboard make and model and someone'll guide you through changing the Front Side Bus and the multiplier to run the processor at full speed.

spuds 22:29 03 Dec 03

Run a Belarc or Aida32 test. click here click here They may show you a different result. I had a similar problem after upgrade with a AMD 2400 which only showed as an 1800. Problem was the motherboard configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…