athlon 2000+ or 2600+ how can i find out.

kakellie 22:22 03 Dec 03

I recently sent my time powerstation xl back for repair when it returneg i checked system properties and ran 3d mark 2001se i also noted on the boot screen that my processor was shown as a athlon 2000+(1.67ghz) when it should be a athlon 2600+ i phoned time computers to which i was told at a cost of £1min it is a default setting surely this is incorrect am i being ripped off.

Jester2K II 22:29 03 Dec 03

It sounds like the default settings have been applied in the BIOS. Better to close this thread and start again in the Help-room. Include the motherboard make and model and someone'll guide you through changing the Front Side Bus and the multiplier to run the processor at full speed.

spuds 22:29 03 Dec 03

Run a Belarc or Aida32 test. click here click here They may show you a different result. I had a similar problem after upgrade with a AMD 2400 which only showed as an 1800. Problem was the motherboard configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…