Asus Returns in the UK

chys13830 09:54 09 Nov 14

Has anyone else had trouble with this shower?

I received a Nexus 7 for Christmas last year - I am not a lover of mobile technology so apart from establishing the device fired up, I had no real use for it until this late summer I was going to be overnight in London so I thought I would download a movie and some music Everything was as good as you would expect from Nexus, until I tried the headphones - the sound was very very low and distorted if I cranked up the volume I contacted ASUS on line returns, who required proof of purchase I sent my Amazon invoice They didn't like that at all!! I had actually purchased from Amazon marketplace a company called Tribal UK who sent me their receipt. Asus didn't like that either
I thought that my first point of contact should be my supplier so I got back in touch with Tibal UK who contacted Asus on my behalf Success !! It seems Asus will have nothing to do with purchases made through Amazon for reasons not explained. I sent off the device in the original box two weeks later I receive an invoice from Asus (albeit their repairs sub-contractor) for £40!! They found no fault and I will have to pay £40 for the device to be returned Any advice my friends would be very welcome

spuds 11:26 09 Nov 14

"It seems Asus will have nothing to do with purchases made through Amazon for reasons not explained. I sent off the device in the original box two weeks later I receive an invoice from Asus (albeit their repairs sub-contractor) for £40!! They found no fault and I will have to pay £40 for the device to be returned"

This is one of the problems when purchasing through a third party, not recognised by a manufacturer as being one of their approved retail seller's.

Is the item still faulty and requires further action, or are you seeking your £40.00 back?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…