Jay promised now that it had brought to his attention & after all the hassle we had experienced he would do the paper work that day for the replacement but the old unit had to go to Holland 1st & then they would email Jay the specifications of an alternative 1 which would be either equivalent or possibly slightly upgraded to the old unit as they couldn't give my son the same model as he had due to it not being manufactured anymore. He then said he would email me with the information & to expect it that afternoon & if not then definitely the next day. My son & myself checked our emails on Thursday & Friday & all weekend but no email. On Monday 7th January we checked the emails again but nothing from Jay. I telephoned his direct line to see why he hadn't emailed as promised & was told by a colleague that he had left that afternoon on a business trip & wouldn't be back until Thursday. I told his colleague he had promised to sort this out last week & never mentioned he would not be there to follow up with my sons decision on their offer. I also told them we were considering asking for a full refund as the service we had received from Asus was diabolical & we weren't prepared to accept it anymore. My son then emailed Jay himself stating what he wanted as a suitable replacement & would accept nothing less. He received an email on Thursday evening from Jay offering an alternative laptop which was as my son told him on a return email was an insult to his intelligence if he thought he would accept it. The model they offered cost around £400 & the graphics & processor were of no good to him, it had a slightly bigger hard drive & cpu which my son said he wasn't interested in if he wanted extra hard disk he could buy an external 1 & it was not of the standard of the model they were replacing, he checked their website & told them of 2 other models which weren't quite the same but as near as he could see & he would accept 1 of them. Today 11 January I telephoned Jay on behalf of my son & reiterated what he had said on the email. Jay tried to tell me that it was a good laptop but i told him my son knew what he was talking about with being a final year university student & that we wanted this finalised today as we had been more than patient with them but now our patience had run out. I also asked him who had made the decision as to what laptop should be offered to my son & he told me it was his manager I asked to speak to the manager & was put on hold. Jay came back & asked who would be making the final decision about the laptop my son or me I told him it would be my son of course. Jay then said he would phone him & discuss what he wanted in a new laptop, I never did get speaking to the manager & when I asked Jay was the manager not going to speak to me he changed the subject without answering. I told Jay I would try to contact my son to see if he could take a call at that time as he had to study in the university library due to not having his laptop. My son was free & I contacted Jay with my sons mobile number & he promised he would phone straight away. When after 1/2 - 3/4 hour I hadn't heard anything from my son I contacted him to see what had happened & he told me he still hadn't got any call, I told him to wait for another 1/2 hour & then I would phone Jay again. One hour went by & still no word so I telephoned again spoke to Jay who claimed he had tried once to phone my son & couldn't through I said I had no trouble contacting so he said he would try again. He did phone him & offered another laptop which was still below the specifications of his own which my son refused again telling him of 2 he would accept. According to Jay these are out of stock but should be in on Monday next week and he will phone on Monday to confirm it. We await with great anticipation to the outcome on Monday watch this space for the next thread.