asus eeepc should i bother?

Archieboy 19:30 05 Mar 08

i am thinking of buying one of the eeepc's i already have a pc at home and would really only use the eeepc for internet access and word processing during lectures or if im out and about. i realise that only certain places would have a wireless network for me to pick up and that the hard drive is very small. i have a 160gb external hard drive so thats not a problem. would i be better off investing in a regular laptop and if so any suggestions for one under say £550? i just find the size of the eeepc its most attractive feature rather than carrying around a brick of a laptop

Al94 21:38 05 Mar 08

see here click here

Al94 21:54 05 Mar 08

Or you could wait till June for one of these click here

ambra4 06:38 06 Mar 08

Eee PC to run Windows XP

click here

Mr Mole 12:32 06 Mar 08

My daughter bought one before she went on a gap 2 years to write up her blog as she travelled and has found it to be a superb bit of kit.

Archieboy 12:57 06 Mar 08

thanks al94 that does look like it would be worth waiting for but i dont really have the time to wait, i may just go for the eeepc and if i need to i could upgrade to a regular laptop another time.
mr mole, did she find the word processing easy to use, and compatible with MS office. also how easy is it to find internet access, does anyone know if the wifi on the eeepc is any good?

54david27 14:36 06 Mar 08

Hi, I have an EeePC which I use for email and surfing the net using wifi and ethrnet connection, there are many people already using XP on the 4G version if you go to the Forum or Wiki site you will get all the information you need click here

Forum Editor 22:46 06 Mar 08

as I write. If you can hold on for a couple of days I'll let you know what I think of it.

alan2273 23:01 06 Mar 08

I brought one in January and it is a great little machine.
I use a 16GB SD card to save to so the 4Gb hard drive is not a problem.
Although it is not hard to install XP on the machine I have stuck with the Xandros install and enabled the advanced mode, after putting opera browser, K3b and the GIMP to use in easy or advance mode it is all I need from a portable laptop.
The only problem i have found is with my big fingers I can only type using two fingers but I have got used to this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…