Asus A7N8X PCB Revision

Mastermind 22:09 14 Jul 03

I have been told be several people that if I buy an ASUS A7N8X motherboard then I should make sure that I get the newer revision 2.0 because some resellers are still selling old revision 1 stock.

So I got in contact with Dabs and eBuyer asking them to confirm what revision/version of the board they were selling.

These were the responses:
Dabs: "The specification does not give that information I am afraid."

eBuyer: "We are sorry eBuyer is unable to enter in to any Pre-Sales queries on any item."

Am I being unreasonable in my request for information?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Komplett click here where they clearly state that it is Rev. 2.0 they sell. Also a very good company that I have never had cause to complain about and decent prices too!

Mastermind 00:05 15 Jul 03

It's not the deluxe version that I'm after.

Well I am very sorry about that and I will try not to be helpful next time!

Mastermind 08:45 15 Jul 03

I have no idea what your outburst is in response to. All I did was state a fact, "It's not the deluxe version that I'm after."

Anyone else with any thoughts on my original post?

sneakerman 10:12 15 Jul 03

I got one of these boards a while ago and I can't figure out which revision I have - How do I tell??

Thanks

Mastermind 10:19 15 Jul 03

I'm told that you should be able to find the revision number between the 2nd and 3rd PCI slots. It's not printed very large, so look carefully.

You did not state in your original post that you did not want the deluxe. There are at least four versions of this board so which one is it exactly that you are looking for?

As to an "Outburst" I took time to reply and give you a link to a site - you dismissed this attempt to help with a cursory "It's not the deluxe that Im after". No attempt at any curtesey in your response so go find it yourself.

Mastermind 12:59 15 Jul 03

Why would I need to state in my original post that I didn't mean the deluxe version? If I'd meant the deluxe version I would have said so. The model number of the motherboard is A7N8X click here.

(I didn't mean the A7N8X-X, the A7N8X Deluxe, the A7N8X-VM and just to be absolutely clear, I didn't mean the A7V8X-X, the A7V8X or the A7V8X-MX.)

What's the point trying to help if you haven't even read the question properly anyway. I see no problem with my first response. You're obviously just looking for an argument.

No, I am not looking for an argument as I am sure over 1300 posts to this forum will testify.

You did not make you question clear. The Asus A7N8X is as you correctly point out, is available in many versions. You did not state which one. You were abrupt and did little to encourage any further assistence.

OK, It was early in the morning when I posted (not my best time)but that still does not excuse the lack of curtesey in your reply.

I did not have an "Outburst" nor am I looking for an argument - you would be well advised to remember that all those who post in here do so out of goodwill only and to try to help. Yes, I took offence at your abrupt "I Dont want that one" response when all it would have taken was a "Thanks, but..."

I see no reason why I or anyone else should try to assist someone who cannot have the good manners to acknowledge someones efforts, even if they amount to nought.

I wish you luck in your search.

Mastermind 14:54 15 Jul 03

You're obviously confused. Asus produce a motherboard called the A7N8X as I stated in my original post.

Not the A7N8X-X, not the A7N8X Deluxe and not the A7N8X-VM. Just the plain "A7N8X".

From your last post it seems to me that you're not posting out of "goodwill"; You're after praise or some form of personal validation. I'm sorry to disappoint.

I see nothing offensive about my original reply. Obviously you read some meaning into it that just wasn’t there.

It's evident from your subsequent posts that you were then determined to hijack this thread and turn into an argument and/or a personal attack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…