Ashampoo Winoptimizer?

version8 18:05 19 Sep 08

Anyone used it as a well known pc publication is offering it free as a full edition!
Only have to download it & get a registration key by email and it's 100% free!

GaT7 18:44 19 Sep 08

Yes, I've come across these free programs that are offered from time to time & use some of them regularly.

However, I've not tried this particular one. I find the best way to 'optimise' one's PC is to do it manually - this way one can usually do a better job & learn a thing or ten ;-), G

LinH 18:54 19 Sep 08

Version8

Yes, and it's just as good as any other tune-up program. Does what it says without any problems on my Vista pc.

Also, try Ashampoo's disk defragger, it sits in the system tray and only starts defragging when it detects the machine is idle.

I've never met a problem with any of Ashampoo's offerings.

Hope you get on o.k. with them.

LinH

smokingbeagle 19:20 19 Sep 08

Be aware though that Ashampoo's idea of Marketing is to spam you with offers everyday, sometimes several times a day. Use a throwaway email account for any registration.

GaT7 19:37 19 Sep 08

smokingbeagle, in my experience it's never been so bad - & especially if one does what I've mentioned below.

If you go into your Ashampoo account, you can deselect these offer emails. Make an account if you don't have one already, & do this. I've got about 5 free products registered with them & get about 1 email a month. G

Pine Man 19:51 19 Sep 08

Great stuff Ashampoo. Never had any problems whatsoever.

spuds 19:59 19 Sep 08

Downloaded it the other day, and at present running tests and comparing it with similar programs like Advance Window Care 2 and Tune-Up Utility.

Seems a good program,not had any problems so far, but I must say that most Ashampoo programs rate very good with me. Testing and running a number of their downloads on various machines.

rdave13 23:45 19 Sep 08

Ashampoo has some great burning programs. Overall a good company.
These 'optimising' programs, though, are they really needed? Played around with some and the actual optimising is, in my opinion, negligible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5