Arrgh - Unwanted At home with your PC subscription

WaTcHiNg 08:35 03 Jan 04

Has anyone else been sent monthly updates by impltd for a rather basic and rubbish magazine called 'At home with your PC'?

If so, has anyone been successful in getting their customer service department to return telephone calls or even a response to emails?

They're demanding £6.95/month for this pile of tripe and I can't seem to get them to stop. Thankfully they've only sent me two so far!

As far as as I know,in law if someone sends you something without you asking for it.It can be regarded as a gift(unless there is a letter with the goods stating otherwise).Just tell them thanks for the gift/rubbish and leave it.So keep it or bin it,I've had a few crap pc mags like this most don't even get as far as my pc.

Sir Radfordin 10:55 03 Jan 04

If they continue to send it to you then you can always refuse to accept it and post it back to them un-opened. They will then be unable to charge you for it.

Stuartli 12:31 03 Jan 04

Go to:

click here

enter your personal details and ask for your name to be removed from jumk etc mailing lists.

You can also use it to stop cold calling by telephone (Telephone Preference Service - TPS), e-mails etc; all are part of the Direct Mailing Association.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:43 03 Jan 04

Send them an email and keep a copy of it. Inform them that you do not wish to receive the magazine as you regard it's delivery as 'unsolicited goods' and that the mags are stored at your gaff awaiting their collection at a time that is convenient for you.

G

Ixora 16:28 03 Jan 04

Why not send them a bill/invoice for the storage of their goods on your property at the charge of say £2.00-£5.00 per day, week whatever.
This has been known to work even in the face of threatening letters from soliciters.

anon1 19:40 03 Jan 04

Ah yes Pay $5 to stop the american junk mail in the uk. How does that work then

DAG88 23:20 03 Jan 04

if they do how did they get them?
If not, how can they force you to pay?

WaTcHiNg 23:29 03 Jan 04

No card details, they just kep sending me the junk.
I've left countless messages on their 0870 number 'helpline' and sent 3 emails so far containing all of the above. I just want to stop this before they start pursuing me.

Just sent yet another email so I'll see what response I get this time.

Has anyone heard of International Masters Publishers Inc (New York!) as they're the owners of the magazines domain name and their email address is [email protected]

Are they a reputable organisation or are they known as mass mailers of junk?

Forum Editor 00:20 04 Jan 04

you may regard any goods that are sent 'unsolicited' - i.e. without your prior request or consent - as an unconditional gift. In fact, it's an offence to demand payment for such goods.

My advice is that you totally disregard any invoices, read the magazines if you want to, throw them in the bin when you're ready, and if it all becomes too much, report the company to your local trading standards office.

The one thing you shouldn't do is waste any of your time or money on phone calls or postage stamps. You are placing yourself at no financial risk by ignoring the invoices, so don't worry about it.

Stuartli 09:39 04 Jan 04

Further to the FE's sound advice, the link I provided will stop virtually all of your unwanted cold telephone calls or junk mail.

Biggest problem, however, with junk mail is that quite a bit of it is distributed by Royal Mail under contract....:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…