Aria - problems with order

t.long 19:59 25 Oct 05

I ordered a monitor from Aria, well I ordered on the 4/10. My credit card was charges on the 5/10, then on the 10/10 I recieved an email stating the product was out of stock. I left a comment against he product on Aria's website, asking when new stock was expected. No reply, so I emailed on the 11/10 again asking when new stock was expected. and yet again no reply.
I apreciate it has not been a trmendous amount of time, and clearly Aria are busy people. But I would like to know what is going on.

To muddy the waters, and I would add that the order was for several items, split across Arias warehouses, one of the products arrived on the 6/10. So I can understand the debiting of my credit card. However the value involved - £25.00 - does not realy compare to the total sum of £408.21 for the whole order.

I called Aria on the 11/10 to be told that the reason for the order not being dispatched was that I had selected a Dead Pixel test, and all the current stock had dead pixels. I was informed that new stock would arrive later in the week. I called again I friday and was told there was still no stock, so I amended the order to a somwhat more expensive model. But I have had nothing from Aria to confirm the change.

What should I do? I simply do not have time to weight on hold for 30 minutes for someone at Aria to become avalible, emails seem to be ignored. Has anyone else had similar problems how were they resolved?

t.long 00:31 27 Oct 05

Looking through the forum it seems Aria have happily charged for products they do not have in stock then ignored any rquests for information. I have decided to cancel my order and will try to ring them tomorrow.

How long should a refund to my Mastercard take. In the past a company which I had a similar scenario with stated 4 to 8 weeks, well my bank dissagreed and creditied my card appropreately. I am just wondering what would be a realistic length of time before getting my bank involved?

Stuartli 11:44 27 Oct 05

On the odd occasion I have sought a credit card refund through Visa it has been immediately refunded, plus any additional costs such as carriage return charges, whilst the matter is being investigated.

I use a LloydsTSB Trustcard Visa credit card.

One valuable long term benefit of informing your credit card company of such matters is that it is able to build up a picture of a particular retailer's activities and take appropriate action if necessary.

t.long 21:04 27 Oct 05

Aria seem to of canceled my order, I phoned and got confirmation this afternoon and a couple of emails have been sent to this effect. I am told that the refund should be done in a couple of days, so I guess its a case of wait and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…