Aria haven't refunded after 50 days

wobbler 19:05 19 Nov 04

I have been dealing with Aria Technology (click here) for a couple of years noew and have been impressed by their prices and service. However their refund policy sucks!!! I ordered a CPU from them but itwas out of stock and no longer available, they emailed me to confirm I would receive a refund in 2-3 working days. That was on the 2nd OCt. I have phoned and emailed and even written to the MD. I have had no replies. Their customer service line eventually answers and I am told the refund chit is waiting to be signed and someone will call me back, but no one ever does. Unlees this company pulls its finger out and refunds me I will not deal with them again orrecomend them to anyone. Meanwhile how do I get my money back?

wobbler 19:19 19 Nov 04

If anyone knows the MD's email address, could they forward it to me. Aria's customer not service do a great job and not letting you speak to anyone apart from the guys who take the flak on the phones!!

Mikè 21:25 19 Nov 04

Did you pay by credit card? if you did contact the card company.

spuds 23:35 19 Nov 04
  Forum Editor 09:30 20 Nov 04

and tell them that unless you receive your refund within 7 days of the date of your letter you will be going to Trading standards to make a full report about the company's disgraceful approach to refunds. Any company which permits a customer-facing employee to tell you that a refund ticket is waiting to be signed after more than a month should be ashamed of itself.

wobbler 09:48 20 Nov 04

Have emailed customer services, got no reply. Wrote to Mr Aria Tehiri, got no reply, so lokks like trading standards id the best option combined with an approach from Barclaycard.

Forum Editor 11:45 20 Nov 04

I meant by post.....don't bother with any more emails. It's important to send a letter, and send it by special delivery too. Then when you go to Trading standards you'll have a paper trail as evidence that you've taken all reasonable steps to get an answer from the company.

wobbler 13:06 20 Nov 04

Good point will send a letter, registered asap.
Thanks for the advice.
I wonder if this is a one off incident or do Aria make a habit of not issuing refunds.

Lead 06:39 24 Nov 04

I'm having a similar problem with Simply Computers. I returned a Bluetooth GPS unit to them at the beginning of September. They claim to have refunded me on the 6th Sept, but I haven't received anything.

Every time I contact them, either by email or phone, I get told something different, ranging from 'You've had the refund' to 'We have the item, but there is no refund note on it' or 'We haven't received the item'.

Either way, I am £189 out of pocket and will soon be contacting Trading Standards and my credit card company.

wobbler 08:15 24 Nov 04

I contacred Barclays Bank and they are going to lokk into the matter.

14steve14 13:23 26 Nov 04

I had a similar problem with a different company. I contacted trading standards, and they advised sending a letter by recorded or special delivery. In the letter state that you will be taking the company to the small claims court. It worked. Trading standards will tell you exactly what to write.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…