Argos shop

adamagain 00:20 03 Mar 06

I ordered a item online form argos
it gave a reservation order no and said your item is in stock to collect the next day

But on going to collect it i was told this is a ordered in item,have to wait 3 days for it to arrive

So are they wrong not to point this out on line when you order it

Al94 08:09 03 Mar 06

This quote from Argos website might be the explanation "Extra" items are stocked at all Extra stores or can be ordered in to any other Argos store, usually within 3 working days". If the item ordered had an "Extra" logo on the website and you are collecting at an ordinary store, this is normal and is clearly stated during the order process.

pc_sausage 08:56 03 Mar 06

Argos do well to stock the catalogue range that they do within their stores.

It's nice to be able to complete your own checkout in 30 secs.

It's then infuriating to wait 15 minutes for some biff to send the product from the stockroom. It then sits on the shelf at the pick-up point whilst the one person they have for 4 pick-up points runs around like a headless chicken.

No wonder I do about 95% of high street shopping online now.

Stuartli 09:30 03 Mar 06

Your experience is in direct contrast to my local Argos store.

Usually in and out within five minutes even when its pretty busy.

pc_sausage 10:36 03 Mar 06

Fair point. I was being a bit general.

I think some suffer more if they have the underground (rather than backstage) stockroom.

adamagain 22:46 03 Mar 06

well this says in stock now but it wasent when i called in,told wait 3 days
So why on the site is it saying in stock at this branch

C:\Documents and Settings\meagain\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\Trolley.htm

adamagain 22:49 03 Mar 06
  adamagain 22:51 03 Mar 06

not playing

dagbladet 15:43 04 Mar 06

Last week I did the self checkout for a 4 pack of rechargeable baterries and got order number 450, the monitor was at 447, 448 came and went, 449,451,452,453,454,455 eventually bingo 450, I went forward and waited, and waited, and waited, finally I showed the assistant my reciept, he bent down and took a pack of batterries from the box under the counter...I could have shoved them up his argos.

SG Atlantis® 19:16 04 Mar 06

lol, I've had that before... not things shoved up my "argos" but waiting ages for something and it was behind the counter all along.

That's the only thing I don't like about Argos is the waiting for your items bit. But their warranty and returns policy is second to none IMO.

oresome 11:56 05 Mar 06

"That's the only thing I don't like about Argos is the waiting for your items bit."

I find the voice infuriating after I've listened for 10 minutes. Especially when you start getting eager as your number gets near and then it goes out of sequence and passes you by.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…