Argos rubbish

taffyal 19:31 08 Feb 05

To anyone who is using a PC table bought from Argos, beware! I bought one 6 months ago- the fact that I have to have my standard size printer on a seperate table should have warned me that it was designed by someone who doesn't have a PC-I just tried to move it, & the wheels fell off!!On examination, the rivet holding the castor is 1/8".It shouldn't be on a coffee table! Fortunately, I managed to save the monitor before ithit the deck. Anyone with this ARGOS rubbish- be warned. Argos, also be warned- I'll be there tomorrow!!!!
I feel better after that moan- hope I calm down by tomorrow,when I speak to Argos- and I'm normally such a placid little fellow! Cheers, Al.

ade.h 20:32 08 Feb 05

....buy twice, they say. Most PC tables are either too small, too flimsy, or poorly laid out. I built my own at modest cost with the help of a professional furniture-making friend.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:44 08 Feb 05

I feel that Argos and Chippendale are 2 words unlikely to be used in the same sentence (apart from this one). Argos furniture is cheap and consequently you get what you pay for (MDF, uncompacted plywood, thin screws and cheap metal)Pay a LITTLE more and you can get some well-built stuff that will last.

G

taffyal 23:46 08 Feb 05

Unfortunately, I didn't get what I paid for!I'm quite used to making do with chipboard & mdf, but the quality of the castors on this rubbish was abysmal. "Taking money by false pretences" is what I shall call it tomorrow, when I demand my money back! Wish me luck!! I can laugh now, but at the time I was "quite angry"! If I have no luck, I shall spit out my dummy, & stamp all over it! LOL Al.

Ben Chuud 23:47 08 Feb 05

I bought one too and it has fallen apart.. just cant be bothered to do anything

taffyal 23:52 08 Feb 05

Glad I'm not suffering alone! By tomorrow, I probably wont bother to do anything either. It has reminded me that my vocabulary is worse than I thought!!

thms 10:20 09 Feb 05

Why not get a measuring tape/pencil& paper.

Measure where you want it. Draw a sketch of what you want.

Go to B&Q show them your sketch and get them to cut wood to size. Purchase brackets screws etc.

Go home and assemble it.

If it doesn't fit or falls apart. Then phone B&Q and tell them they have cut the wrong sizes or have supplied you with the wrong screws.

It must have been them as I never measure anything wrong and always use the right fixings.

spuds 11:42 09 Feb 05

I purchase a computer table/desk from MFI about fourteen months ago, and it is still in the box, never been assembled. Hope the day that I decide to use it, doesn't result in a box ready for November the 5th :o(

wiz-king 13:50 09 Feb 05

and it is a nice table/desk. Not the bottom of the range though; vdu recessed on a small shelf set in the top of the desk, pull out keyboard tray , small shelf above takes ups and speakers etc and a big shelf on the top that takes a scanner. tower and laser printer fit on the bottom shelf with enough room to hoover under it. Metal framed and the desk top is real tree wood, not bad for £99. Had it for about 3 years and it has not even come loose yet despite having been moved round the room several times. Even got a free screwdriver to put it together with.

MidgetMan 15:18 09 Feb 05

"I bought one 6 months ago-" I presume you also put it together as it was flat pack?? if so surely you already knew about the quality? after 6 months its a bit late to start ranting about poor quality and firing of letters of complaint.

suggest you just buy better quality and move on.

taffyal 15:28 09 Feb 05

MidgetMan, I put it together OK, had to adjust the keyboard table as keyboard wouldnt fit, but quite happy- till yesterday I tried to move it, asuming thats what wheels were for-unfortunately they fell off!! Table itself strong enough,couldnt see flaw in wheels till to late!Think I'll now take thms advice & build my own-much easier to curse myself1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…