ARGOS rip off

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:20 26 Jun 05

how can a company advertise and sell an item at one price then so you reserve the item for store pice up then when you get to the store to collect the item they can charge you a completely different price, then when questioned about the price all your told is please not that these items have not been paid for.prices may change on a daily basisdue to specail offers.the price you pay is the price in the store the day you collect. what a load of twazzle so basically you can reserver an item get a copy of the prices then go to the store only to be told more money please BAHHH HUMBUG.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:24 26 Jun 05

A price is only an indication or guide of what the retailer wishes to achieve. The final price is agreed when you receive a till receipt. It is the law. Prices do change, on a daily basis, in the modern world.

G

jakimo 14:37 26 Jun 05

When reserving on the internet Argos terms state "Please note that the price you pay is the price instore on the day you collect your items"

pj123 14:38 26 Jun 05

Why do I seem to remember a previous thread from you about the same problem?

As GANDALF <|:-)> says all retailers give an offer to sell at a particular price. If that price is not advantageous to them they will inform you before you buy. Then it is your choice to take it or leave it.

spuds 16:29 26 Jun 05

Argos make it quite clear on the reservation order form: 'Please note these items have not yet been paid for- the price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your item[s]'.

I wanted an item the other day from Argos. Did a on-line check, and found that one store out of four 'local' Argos stores had the item, so I made the reservation. Visited the store and found the item had gone up by £4.00. Just cancelled the reservation and purchased a similar item at another similar well known store nearby at a cheaper price.Argos lost out, I gained.

pat-212841 17:57 26 Jun 05

spuds then i hope you emailed Argos to say you bought the item from some where else, i think what it says on the internet is the price you should pay its not as though you have a week to pickitem up i have reserved item in Argos on line 1 hour later i go to pick it up and they want more, i did the same as spuds got it some where else even when it cost me more !

Pooke 18:35 26 Jun 05

Like it or not that's their terms. I wouldn't call it a rip off either they state it loud and clear. That you'll pay whatever price the item is at that point when you go to collect it.

Stuartli 19:52 26 Jun 05

I have always found Argos to be exemplary in the way it treats its customers and the level of customer care service that is provided after you have bought goods.

Wilham 20:14 26 Jun 05

I reserved bathroom scales 831/8426 recently and when I went to collect the price had gone down by £8.

So it's not always bad news.

Stuartli 23:23 26 Jun 05

Just had an Argos brochure flyer today with masses of bargains, including several All-in-ones at up to half price.

dth 09:22 27 Jun 05

it is called the 'transfer of value' - the store that you bought the item from valued your purchase higher than argos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…