Are you thinking of buying an external hard drive?

Sapins 04 May 11

If so wait a couple of weeks, I have just taken delivery of one and it is guaranteed that within weeks the price will have dropped dramatically or the spec will have improved out of all recognition.

Toneman 04 May 11

But is it small, portable, USB driven? That's what I would want...

Sapins 04 May 11

It is small and portable with a 1T capacity and has USB 3.0 and Usb 2.0.

Forum Editor 04 May 11

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Forum Editor 04 May 11

"It is small and portable with a 1T capacity and has USB 3.0 and Usb 2.0"

But where and what is it?

Sapins 04 May 11

It's a Western Digital My Passport Essential SE, bought from Amazon and delivered in three day's!

I have chosen the Electric Blue Version, it matches my Transparent Tower case with it's Ultra Violet lights.

Forum Editor 05 May 11

Let's hope they're good

I just ordered one for myself -same colour as yours.

sunnystaines 05 May 11

how much were they

Sapins 05 May 11

Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passport-Essential-Metallic-Portable-Drive/dp/B00466IEWA/ref=sr113?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1304579061&sr=1-13

sunnystaines 05 May 11

sapins

thanks for the link looks verygood saw the videos

got two questions

could it clone the C partition of my pc in case i need to restore the complete windows set up. if so could i clone both my laptop and desktop to the one external drive if case either one ever fails. the video tutorials only showed a general back up of folders not partitions or windows.

Colin 05 May 11

I bought a 1TB Buffalo Just Store external HDD from Overclockers.co.uk the other week for £50. It’s out of stock now but it’s the same as the link. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176613 As you can see it is available slightly cheaper elsewhere but as I live quite close to them and I was able to collect it and the postage costs negated the difference.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message