Are you game to read this review?

TOPCAT® 10:24 14 Apr 03

An Evesham Evolution 3i dream games machine with some annoyances that are not Evesham's fault. TC.

'This Evesham machine makes no bones about trying to be the best thing out there. It's a super ninja games machine. All the bells and whistles are in place. Everything in it is just about the top of the range. The sound and graphics cards are the best things you can get for gaming. The hard drive is big and fast. The 18" TFT is big enough for real immersion and the 6.1 speaker system is going to help keep you immersed. The only possibly questionable inclusion is the DVD-RAM drive; one of the Sony DVD +/-R drives would have been a better choice....'

click here

vinnyT 14:32 14 Apr 03

Definately an odd review, all those setup faults, yet the Co. that set it up is not to blame, the reviewer must have been very mellow that day.

ams4127 20:15 14 Apr 03

Most timely again TC. I have been wandering through the various sites over the last few days with the view of changing my ageing machine for a bright, shiny new one. This Evesham, with it's DVD write facility, was top of the list and I nearly placed an order last Friday on their website. I have a couple of questions about it and wanted to speak to their salespeople personally before writing the cheque.

Thanks to your thread my list of questions has increased!

gingepaul 20:32 14 Apr 03

try the mesh alternative [matrix +xtra] my m8s just got one and it is a dream machine, no probs.

TOPCAT® 20:41 14 Apr 03

>The rest of the faults were cured by a combination of new drivers, judicious changing of Windows settings and a few long walks in the park. This isn't a machine for complete novices. Then again, at this price it seems fair to assume that novices are not the intended market. On the flip side, at this price it would be fair to expect a machine that works perfectly first time...<

Don't you think that where possible, and at this price, Evesham would do their best to install the latest drivers before selling this or any of their machines? As I see it, such a consideration would be a very useful marketing move for many of their customers new and current. TC.

crx16 20:45 14 Apr 03

id go for the medion offered at Aldi,or even the cybermaxx from toysRus (dont laugh).click here

the specs aren't that far behind,i doubt if id notice any difference,except the £1100 left in my wallet.

powerless 20:55 14 Apr 03

Well i've got that keyboard and TFT shown ;-)

instant^mash 00:28 15 Apr 03

Aspect of this machine is the new Intel chipset - i875p (canterwood)- warp2search.net link to some good reviews, but I cant seem to access it right now.

Lead 06:32 15 Apr 03

{quote}
...This Evesham machine makes no bones about trying to be the best thing out there. It's a super ninja games machine...

{quote}
...The rest of the faults were cured by a combination of new drivers, judicious changing of Windows settings...

MMmmm. Alarm bells. Can't be that good if they ship a PC with out of date drivers and not configured right.

Still best building your own, I say.

ams4127 19:45 15 Apr 03

I agree TC. I am not a computer novice, having been using them since the mid 80s, but why should I go looking for updated drivers to get a brand new machine working as it should?

Lead. The same alarm bells are ringing loud and clear here as well!

gingepaul. Thanks, I might just do that.

I agree that building your own is probably the best way but, right at this moment, I don't have the time. I'm going to be pushed enough as it is, editing all my footage!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…