Are Tiscali deliberately obstructive?

fudge 10:12 03 Jan 05

How on earth are you supposed to make contact with Tiscali customer services?

I wanted to ask a simple question about their security services but clicking on 'contact us' or 'help' merely brings up a series of FAQ's or other useless links. None of these actually take you to a page that you can fill in, or one that gives either contact email addresses or telephone numbers. The only contact details are for Dial-up, Broadband, Telephone,or Billing queries. Anything else and you're stuffed!

I'm sure there is a way to make contact but it seems to be hidden so deep in their website it really is a waste of time. It's about the most unhelpful site I have used for a long time. Is this a deliberate attempt to filter out what they consider to be time-wasters?

Perhaps I'm not patient enough, but when I want to make contact with a company I like to be able to quickly locate either an email address or a telephone number - not do go through a maze of links to end up where I started!

Am I asking too much?

bamfiesler 10:26 03 Jan 05

Fudge,

I had the same problem yonks ago with Virgin, but NTL were the worst, by far! With up to 45 minutes on hold on the 'phone, the only way to get to talk to them was to go onto the website and kid on you were a prospective customer, enter your 'phone number and they would call you back, which they did. Have you tried that with Tiscali?

rickf 11:02 03 Jan 05

Not deliberately obstructive, just totally ineffectual.

Jackcoms 16:24 03 Jan 05

fudge

click here

What's wrong with their 'phone numbers quoted here under Christmas Opening Hours?

fudge 16:54 03 Jan 05

To be honest I saw the heading 'Christmas Opening Hours', but as we're now in January and I wasn't concerned about their opening hours, I skipped over it. But even if I had read it, I was looking for customer services , not a premium rate technical helpline.

I think it rather re-inforces my point!

spuds 17:01 03 Jan 05

You will get a fairly quick response, by writing to this address: Tiscali Customer Service,PO Box 7206,Kiln Farm,Milton Keynes, MK14 6XG.

As you say, perhaps you are not patient enough, but all the information that you require for a contact is on the website.

I have used the Tiscali and Lineone service for quite a long time now, and I have contacted the address above and their call centre in India for help and advice. Always managed to get help and advice in the end.

Stuartli 17:20 03 Jan 05
  fudge 17:55 03 Jan 05

Thanks for that, but it shouldn't be necessary to have to get it from a forum - it should be right between the eyes on their website. As I said initially, it probably is there somewhere but it's certainly not obvious.

I'll drop them a line and see how long it takes to get a response.

Jackcoms 19:19 03 Jan 05

fudge

The numbers given in the Christmas Opening Hours (see my post of 16:24) are their normal numbers irrespective of the time of year. They include General Customer Service.

Tiscali have never had anything other than 090 or 0870 numbers. ;-(

david.h 20:51 03 Jan 05

I was with a good ISP when Tiscali bought it out, I then suddenly got a lot of junk mail, followed by problems with billing, then trouble getting transferred to another isp and getting disconnected.
perhaps I was was just unlucky but since moving to pipex all ok.

boy_from_the_blackstuff 23:24 03 Jan 05

Writing to their Customer Service only good is they answer (or read) their letters - still waiting 6 months for a reply to an account problem which they were unable to resolve despite several phone calls

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…