Are there any genuine computer sales?

1936 23:40 02 Jan 05

Since I was disapointed by Mesh I now have to look for a computer. Does anyone know of any genuine sales that are worth looking at?

The Kestrel 00:01 03 Jan 05

Try Novatech for their bargains, and Aria for their daily special deals.

clayts450 02:30 03 Jan 05

Try Staples - they have some good unadvertised deals on at the moment.

I bagged an Acer Aspire T130 desktop for £350 on Friday, advertised as £550 - it's a discontinued item (the newer version of the T130 does away with 40GB of hard drive, floppy and FireWire I think), plus I hear they are also knocking out a decent specced Pentium 4 job from Medion for £250.

The T130 are getting hard to find now - Staples item number 378383 if you need it (can't buy online, only instore). Great spec :

AMD 64 3200+ (2 GHz)
512MB DDR SDRAM
LG DVD+/DVD-/DVD-RAM burner (8 speed - can't write to dual layer as far as I can make out)
Separate DVD-ROM drive
nVidia FX5500 (so so)
TV out - DVI/S-video
6 USB 2.0 ports (two on front)
FireWire
On board sound
Mini tower
Windows XP Home pre-installed (plus recovery disc)
Works
Power DVD
A year's free Norton AV

clayts450 02:30 03 Jan 05

Forgot to say - 200GB hard drive ;)

spuds 17:26 03 Jan 05

Subscribe to the Dell click here email newsletter, which contains some give reductions and incentives from time to time. I configued and ordered a system late yesterday evening which came with a £90.00 discount off usual price.At the same time I ordered a printer at 50% off usual price, that's being delivered this Wednesday. Offer finishes on the 05/01/2005, but more will follow throughout next year.

wee eddie 18:05 03 Jan 05

Fresh stuff fetches the best price.

There after they get what they can for it. The market is a permanent sale

jack 08:38 04 Jan 05

Nice one Wee Eddie.
If it is value for money you are looking for rather than the latest spec- which oft only a little bit better, then look for discontinued ranges,
There are firms that specialize in Discontinued/'Factory refurbs[which are often not but new- old models] stock rotate etc.

Take a look at click here or get your self a copy of MicroMart [publishes every Thursday]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…